This is not normal, Huh?

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read through all the posts on this thread and it may have been said, but I know exactly what the root cause of the camera issue. If it specifically happens with the main camera, it is due to the camera being loose on the PCB. Quick fix is to careful apply slight pressure over the camera lens to re-align and re-seat the camera module. Best way is to remove the back housing and truly re-seat the camera module making sure it "clicks" back in place.

The majority of the phones I've seen at work with this issue, the housing is pretty banged up... customer's just tossing their Evos onto a desk or whatever. But re-seating the camera always resolves the issue.

I think this did it! Wow. I set the EVO face down, applied downward pressure around the lens and then again slight pressure directly on the lens, never opened it up to reseat it, never heard a click but it appears to have removed the purple haze. I'm back to 720P resolution, pointed to bright lights then away from them and I see no evidence of the issue. Hope this sticks. I've pampered my phone so it apparently didn't take much abuse to break it loose. Really appreciate the advice! :D

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Camera is fine, but since the update, I've had to charge my Evo a LOT more often.

Completely with you. My standby time is shot since the update. I'm down to 10-14 hours of STANDBY without touching the phone, even with updates turned off & and no GPS, 4G or Bluetooth. I used to get about 50% more than this (still never great though) before the update.

joeylove

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had any problems like this with my camera but at times I have noticed some unexplained excessive battery drain, when I take out the battery and replace things go back to normal

bstunna06

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read through all the posts on this thread and it may have been said, but I know exactly what the root cause of the camera issue. If it specifically happens with the main camera, it is due to the camera being loose on the PCB. Quick fix is to careful apply slight pressure over the camera lens to re-align and re-seat the camera module. Best way is to remove the back housing and truly re-seat the camera module making sure it "clicks" back in place.

The majority of the phones I've seen at work with this issue, the housing is pretty banged up... customer's just tossing their Evos onto a desk or whatever. But re-seating the camera always resolves the issue.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH THAT WHAT IT WAS! I've been pretty bum'd up because it was working right now I can take more pic of my new puppy!!!!

breitmike

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
EVO

I got my EVO 1 day after it was up for sale in June 2010. Never had any issues with the camera....battery life did suck, however, after this last HTC update, I have noticed that the battery now lasts all damn day ! I only do a few texts, maybe check Email 3-4 times a day. MUCH BETTER life since the update. I can live with the battery life now. You will get about a 15% improvement by getting an 1800 MaH extended life battery....worth the $49.00 price in my opinion...7 month old phone and still works perfect and awesome!!

breitmike

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
battery tips

set your display setting to 'auto' for the display brightness...keep your GPS...OFF.....set your email settings for a longer time between automatic checks...little stuff like these really helps to keep the battery from draining so fast !

Mr. Rock

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem with my Evo last week. But as another poster stated...it looks like the solarize effect in the camera options. Sure enough...I went there and somehow SOLARIZE was on...and I never turned it on myself. So if anyone has this problem...i would check there first before doing surgery on your Evo.
:cool: