This is not normal, Huh?

mcwheeler

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Over the last 3 months I've had two problems with the battery and Camera:

1) The battery, every other day or so, does not last the entire day even WITHOUT camera, camcorder, music or data usage. This seems to be temporarily resolved with a quick removal and insertion of the battery. Does this look familiar?

2) Attached, is a photo taken without camera effects. This effect comes and goes when I use BOTH the camera and camcorder. Does this look familiar?

THANKS

Last edited:

bstunna06

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My photos look like that too it just started i really want to know how to stop it. But it just my back 8mp camera not the front 1.3mp. I there some who can help us that would be great.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
once or twice.... i went to use my camera, and it wouldn't even start. the camera icon would come on the screen, and then the app would quickly close itself. i tried using vignette to see if perhaps it was the android camera app for some odd reason.... but vignette failed to function as well... it freaked me out, but it hasn't happened anymore. i hope you find a solution to your problem! good luck :)

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
my camera seems to be working ok....keep this threadf update....like to see where this issue goes......good luck with finding a solution

kingofny#IM

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem after I got my phone back from Sprint when they replaced the external speaker.....I just tap my camera and it sets to normal but unfortunately I have to do it every time

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Knock on wood, my 6 months old EVO is 100% fine. Battery suck, but we all know that... personally, I'm connected to a charger everywhere I go and I have no problem with it.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site

1) The battery, every other day or so, does not last the entire day even WITHOUT camera, camcorder, music or data usage. This seems to be temporarily resolved with a quick removal and insertion of the battery. Does this look familiar?

This statement confuses me. Are you saying that your battery life is suffering even though you aren't using the camera function, camcorder, playing music, or any data on your phone? And I don't understand how a battery pull can resolve suffering battery life.

I may be mis-reading this, but please clarify this for me.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This statement confuses me. Are you saying that your battery life is suffering even though you aren't using the camera function, camcorder, playing music, or any data on your phone? And I don't understand how a battery pull can resolve suffering battery life.

I may be mis-reading this, but please clarify this for me.

I have had a rouge app start eating up battery when I am not even using the phone and a battery pull or reboot of the phone fixed the problem.... Since I do have ATK installed but only use it if something gets hung up. It's not set to auto kill or anything like that...

More than once I have pulled my phone off the charger and 2 hours later battery is below 50% without even using the phone one time. When I checked spare parts Facebook was the offender each time.... rebooting or battery pull cleared it up.. Or now a quick task kill clears it up.. No clue WHY Facebook hangs up from time to time....

Outside of that no clue..... Never had a problem with the camera but did have my touch screen short out after 6 months...

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

2) Attached, is a photo taken without camera effects. This effect comes and goes when I use BOTH the camera and camcorder. Does this look familiar?

THANKS

Had the same camera issue with the front facing one. Only way I solved this was to open the camera app and go to its settings scroll down to Reset To Default. Changes your settings like sharpness n what not but it solved the issue for me. Also it resets the file count for pics, so if you ever deleted 002 or 003 for example, all the new pics you take will fill in those counts.

Hope that helps

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have had a rouge app start eating up battery when I am not even using the phone and a battery pull or reboot of the phone fixed the problem.... Since I do have ATK installed but only use it if something gets hung up. It's not set to auto kill or anything like that...

More than once I have pulled my phone off the charger and 2 hours later battery is below 50% without even using the phone one time. When I checked spare parts Facebook was the offender each time.... rebooting or battery pull cleared it up.. Or now a quick task kill clears it up.. No clue WHY Facebook hangs up from time to time....

Outside of that no clue..... Never had a problem with the camera but did have my touch screen short out after 6 months...

There's a lot of chat about the latest PRI (1.90_003) causing folks to experience extremely bad battery drain regardless of a custom kernal or whatnot. Some folks have downgraded their PRI to the previous 1.77 and have seen much better results.

Netarchy posted a big warning on his kernel post:

[GPL][Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.1.9.1 Beta: 4.3.1 - xda-developers

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just a note about the camera app closing itself immediately...
I ran into that this summer when, as best I could tell, I had very little memory left due to using multiple GPS active apps.
This includes both RAM usage being high as well as (prior to 2.2) a very full storage of apps.
So..check your free memory and drive numbers....
Lastly, low battery power can contribute to this happening.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Or similar at least. My Evo's 8mp camera sometimes takes these pink/purplish colors. I was just googling this problem yesterday and it seems this problem is pretty widespread. My dad and friend have Evo and it doesnt happen to theirs however. I dont know what to do.

mflava#AC

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I surely would like to know what's causing this problem because I went from charging twice a day to 4x with the same use. I've even resorted to only taking calls and text, nothing else and it's still draining the battery. Something is wrong...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante