Hi guys I've been lurking in these forums for a while and this is my first Android device.(evo) . Can u all please help me by telling me some good apps, widgets to get for my Evo thanks. I'm comin from a palm pre .
    12-27-2010 08:21 PM
    I also came from pre. In my opinion best keyboards are, when I feel like typing I use smart keyboard pro, but most of the time I use slide it. Its much better than stock swipe. Man you can type fast with only one hand with slide it. And the voice on both work great. If you are a sports fan, you will be in app Nirvana.

Sent using taptalk.
    12-27-2010 10:21 PM
    See my signature for a great write up on getting started with android.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    12-27-2010 10:24 PM
    I think dolphin hd browser is best out there. Many agree but you may like another. There are a few very good ones out there.

Sent using taptalk.
    12-27-2010 10:25 PM
    I like free WiFi but that requires root, I like tapatalk, angry birds, handcent sms, lookout phone security, launcher pro, mypod and a few more. My son got a virgin mobile android phone for Christmas and we have been playing with a touch to talk app which turns our phones into walkie talkie Nextel like (saves his minutes since he only has 300) and we are going to try tango video chat.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    12-27-2010 10:58 PM
    Don't forget Facebook, live holdem pro, homerun (by comus) and Google latitude. If you like the news, it's a are your favorite news stations has an app, some live iheart radio but iv not used it, Pandora is nice though. A also like scanner radio, it let's you listen to police, fire, aircraft, ham radio and more world wide. Great to have when there are major events going on, sometimes you hear things not reported by the news.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    12-27-2010 11:02 PM
    I have all you just mentioned, good stuff dude.

Sent using taptalk.
    12-27-2010 11:10 PM
    I'm basically reading all these threads and making mental notes for when my Pre arrives. LOL
    12-27-2010 11:34 PM
    Your pre? Old habits die hard.lol

Sent using taptalk.
    12-27-2010 11:51 PM
    Thanks guys
    12-28-2010 03:59 AM
    tweetdeck is the business for social networking....
    12-28-2010 05:54 AM
    Get app brain app market. It has a better web interface than the market. Much easier to find apps using that.

If you are rooted use root explorer to browse files on your phone. If you aren't use astro. Handy to have a way to view and manage files on your sd card.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro
    12-28-2010 09:55 AM
    I'm basically reading all these threads and making mental notes for when my Pre arrives. LOL
    Hey Verwon, are you having post Pre anxiety...think you meant
    when your Evo arrives. I had to laugh since I am waiting for my Evo as well, damn weather up north ended up delaying it.

As you are, I am running through this thread noting the different things are a must have out of the gate. Enjoy the Evo when it comes!
    12-28-2010 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD