My Evo pissed me off but oh how I miss it. I have to use a Blackberry..

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
My Evo has really been pissing me off since the latest update. I have not been able to stream Sirius over 3g and its been buggy as hell. I have been thinking of an Iphone lately because everything computer I use is Mac. WELL today my Evo screen went black. I was completely freaked out and pissed. I went to Sprint and they have to order a new phone under full warranty (I got the Evo on launch day). They said it is on back order and could be 3-5 days. HOLY CRAP!!

I had them activate an blackberry Curve 8330 I had laying around in case of something like this. OMG this phone sucks so bad after having used Android for a year now. I can not believe people still think this phone is good. I also bought an Ipod Touch to get me through (I had planed on buying one anyways). After using the touch I completely miss my EVO even more. Its nice but no where near as nice as my Evo.. Damn I am pissed the screen went out but DAMN do I miss it.

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My Evo has really been pissing me off since the latest update. I have not been able to stream Sirius over 3g and its been buggy as hell. I have been thinking of an Iphone lately because everything computer I use is Mac. WELL today my Evo screen went black. I was completely freaked out and pissed. I went to Sprint and they have to order a new phone under full warranty (I got the Evo on launch day). They said it is on back order and could be 3-5 days. HOLY CRAP!!

I had them activate an blackberry Curve 8330 I had laying around in case of something like this. OMG this phone sucks so bad after having used Android for a year now. I can not believe people still think this phone is good. I also bought an Ipod Touch to get me through (I had planed on buying one anyways). After using the touch I completely miss my EVO even more. Its nice but no where near as nice as my Evo.. Damn I am pissed the screen went out but DAMN do I miss it.

i dont know what you did but my evo is running perfectly, before and after the update. you prolly did something to it to mess it up

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I am dieing to go back to blackberry! I like my evo but I am just not one for typing on a touch screen. I wish I could have both.

THe new Shift 4g coming out may be a phone you want to look at.

I did not do anything to the phone, like others it would not stream over 3g and the battery life became horrible, and I am one that has never really had problems with battery life. I just am amazed how much I miss the phone. I am using the new ipod but after having the Evo the screen, although clear is just to small. The device just feels tiny in my hands. I really like how Android works much better.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mime felt the same way at one time - ... So, because I was still within my thirty days trial period, I just had Sprint shipped me another one. No problem here since that.

Note: Occasional sluggishness is considered normal on these mini like computer phones. A simple reset/reboot should fix that. (I sent mine back because I wanted a different color phone) Yea, the white one. :)

tluv004

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i dont know what you did but my evo is running perfectly, before and after the update. you prolly did something to it to mess it up

I don't have any problems either. My phone also ran perfectly before and after the update. Did you wipe your device clean before installing new updates? This would help.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I find it very interesting that many people need to replace device because of "the way it feels" right before the 30 days is up. Are theses the same people who need to wash a door knob before opening? Op,I know what ya mean,I could never use my pre after using the evo for only 2 months.its like going back to dial up internet.

Sent using taptalk.

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
We have two Evo's in the house and after the update mine had issues but my wife's did not, I do all the updates on both. SO maybe it is hit or miss, as on the front page there is 3 versions of the update.

DIal up internet is how I feel using this blackberry. Jeez, i think I would rather have a basic flip phone and carry around a Ipod Touch waiting for wifi then have to always use this blackberry curve now. I remember when I loved this phone last year.