View Poll Results: Does your phone have either crack pictured?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, = (

36 52.94%
  • NO, = )

32 47.06%
02-04-2011 01:26 PM
34 12
tools
    UPDATED 12/30/10

Now that more time has passed I am going to reset the poll to get a more accurate calculation. I would believe the results will be much different this time around.

At the time of the resetting the current count is 18.86%(73ppl) yes to 81.14%(314 ppl) no

Vote yes or no so we can see how common this is

P.S. Sprint will fix this for free within 1 yr of purchase

Here's an example

12-30-2010 04:06 PM
    Sprint fixes this for free.. They fixed mine.
    12-30-2010 05:05 PM
    How do they 'FIX' this?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
    12-30-2010 11:49 PM
    My launch day EVO just cracked today. My guess is that this will happen to most EVOs eventually since the plastic is pretty brittle and there are definitely a few weak spots.

I am curious how exactly Sprint fixes this. Wouldn't they have to replace the full bezel?
    12-31-2010 03:11 AM
    How do they 'FIX' this?

They replace the whole front of the phone. When I took it in they said it was a known issue and that it would be fixed for free. They fixed mine. Same phone just replaced the front.
    12-31-2010 03:21 AM
    They replace the whole front of the phone. When I took it in they said it was a known issue and that it would be fixed for free. They fixed mine. Same phone just replaced the front.
    Not a "known issue", like the charging port issue. But it is one of the top 3 things that we see. (cracked screen, charging port, rocker cracks) it is covered under TEP or ESRP as minor physical damage.
    01-01-2011 12:15 PM
    Not a "known issue", like the charging port issue. But it is one of the top 3 things that we see. (cracked screen, charging port, rocker cracks) it is covered under TEP or ESRP as minor physical damage.
    So does that mean we don't need to have insurance to get it fixed?

Sent From Tapatalk.
    01-01-2011 04:50 PM
    Maybe at your store it was not considered that, but here in AZ I haven't been in one Sprint tech store that said it wasn't a known issue. Just about every store said they fix this problem quite often. It also is not a physical damage case either. It was considered faulty hardware at these stores. Because the user does not cause these stress cracks.
    01-01-2011 05:22 PM
    When I took my phone in to my sprint store it had the cracks white spots on the screen and charging port was failing, it only took 10 min for them to tell me to come back in a few days for my replacement.
    01-04-2011 01:05 AM
    If they fix this for free this will be my 3rd trip to the service centre. Thus means ill be eligible for an advanced upgrade, meaning I can upgrade to the evo shift for FREE. And still have my regular upgrade in august.

YES.
    01-04-2011 02:16 AM
    If they fix this for free this will be my 3rd trip to the service centre. Thus means ill be eligible for an advanced upgrade, meaning I can upgrade to the evo shift for FREE. And still have my regular upgrade in august.

YES.
    I hope you get the shift, ill be getting it most likely and you will be a great asset to the forums over there
    01-04-2011 05:48 PM

YES.
    I've never heard about this before
    01-06-2011 02:38 AM
    Mine has the cracks and I can peel back the little part above the volume rocker.

I just got back from the Sprint store down the street and they told me they couldn't replace it because it's not a known issue and it's only cosmetic and doesn't affect the phone use. They also told me it would require changing the whole screen (a part that the also conveniently didn't have).

I have a feeling one day the whole part is going to break off when it gets caught on something.

I may try a few stores to see if one of them will change it for me under my insurance plan.
    01-11-2011 02:22 PM
    Yeah don't give up it might take a few stores...

baker2gs likes this.
    01-11-2011 02:34 PM
    Yeah don't give up it might take a few stores...

Yeah I just got off of the phone with Sprint and the guy on the line said the same thing. He sarcastically said "another great experience at a Sprint Store" and then went on to say I could go to 3 different stores and get 3 different responses. I'm going to go to another store later in the week.
    01-11-2011 03:22 PM
    You could always just crack the screen. They have to replace it at that point. And it's covered for free if you have service and repair.

If you go to 3 stores, perhaps you'll find a good one. They are certainly out there. It's a 5 minute process to pull out a phone going back to the warehouse, remove the screen, and place it on your device. Why some techs wont do it is beyond me. It also makes money for their store since Sprint pays them for the repair.
    01-11-2011 04:15 PM
    That would be a down grade as it has a 800mgz cpu no front cam and all... i would then get the epic if you want the keyboard. 2.2 should be out soon for it. but the epic is not going to be end of life as they are now dropping the price and samsung said a new version with duel core cpu will be out.
    01-11-2011 06:03 PM
    I haven't seen any of those cracks yet... maybe because this phone is from the new batch.
    01-11-2011 06:11 PM
    You could always just crack the screen. They have to replace it at that point. And it's covered for free if you have service and repair.

If you go to 3 stores, perhaps you'll find a good one. They are certainly out there. It's a 5 minute process to pull out a phone going back to the warehouse, remove the screen, and place it on your device. Why some techs wont do it is beyond me. It also makes money for their store since Sprint pays them for the repair.
    Well I went to one corporate store and they said no, that it requires changing the whole screen and they wont do that. I said "well what if I drop it and the screen is broken - then you'd have to change it." He said yes but we don't have the part. Then I went to another store with a repair center that was not a Sprint corporate store and he said he'd do it but the broken ones to harvest from all have the same cracks, he'd have to give me a new phone but they're on back order. He said to follow up weekly in the next 2 weeks.
    01-12-2011 09:30 AM
    Well I went to one corporate store and they said no, that it requires changing the whole screen and they wont do that. I said "well what if I drop it and the screen is broken - then you'd have to change it." He said yes but we don't have the part. Then I went to another store with a repair center that was not a Sprint corporate store and he said he'd do it but the broken ones to harvest from all have the same cracks, he'd have to give me a new phone but they're on back order. He said to follow up weekly in the next 2 weeks.
    Any luck yet?
    01-24-2011 03:46 PM
    Yes!
    01-24-2011 06:20 PM
    Only have the one crack by the power button on my OG evo!
    01-24-2011 06:58 PM
    I had just got my phone 3 1/2 weeks ago and I just love looking this phone and yesterday I saw this crack by the power button is just like in the picture and I got super pissed I said to my self what the **** man really its tiny but if I could get it fixed so I will to go see I live down the road from a sprint store so well see

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    01-24-2011 07:01 PM
    I had just got my phone 3 1/2 weeks

Yeah that's about how long it was before I noticed mine...

Sent from my Beasty Evo 4G
    01-24-2011 08:40 PM
    Its bull but I'm in love with phone and I hate for it to look like **** and I tried to cover a day after I got the phone I didn't like how the phone looked

01-24-2011 08:53 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD