Multiple exchange on Evo

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I am very new to Android coming from webOS, on my Pre I was able to sync multiple exchange accounts. I am trying to add my hot mail account as a second exchange account on my new Evo and it does not give me the option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Huh? Are you talking about adding your hotmail account to sync your phone? If so, just follow the same steps you did to set up your other (POP3/IMAP) accounts.

Note: Hotmail doesn't have an exchange service.

joems

May 29, 2010
Visit site
To get multiple exchange accounts on the evo you will need to install the stock mail android app. The Htc mail only allows one.
You will need to side load the stock mail app. Do a search for it on xda developers site and you will find it. Make sure you use the one for os 2.2

joems

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Huh? Are you talking about adding your hotmail account to sync your phone? If so, just follow the same steps you did to set up your other (POP3/IMAP) accounts.

Pretty sure I heard that hotmail does support exchange services. New feature they recently added.

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hotmail does allow for EAS on Android devices now, although some HTC owners have had issues. After the latest 3.70 update, I was able to get my Live account setup on Exchange. I have one exchange account setup on the default HTC mail app, and then I installed the default Android client for my work exchange account.

URL - m.hotmail.com
Username - Enter full name with domain info, e.g. john@hotmail.com
Domain - Leave blank (see Known Issues for some Nokia devices)
SSL - Enabled
Certificate - Accept the SSL certificate when prompted
Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks - All can be enabled.

Reactions: Dave Blake

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hotmail does allow for EAS on Android devices now, although some HTC owners have had issues. After the latest 3.70 update, I was able to get my Live account setup on Exchange. I have one exchange account setup on the default HTC mail app, and then I installed the default Android client for my work exchange account.

URL - m.hotmail.com
Username - Enter full name with domain info, e.g. john@hotmail.com
Domain - Leave blank (see Known Issues for some Nokia devices)
SSL - Enabled
Certificate - Accept the SSL certificate when prompted
Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks - All can be enabled.

Just set this up it worked great.

Thanks
Dave

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
D5, glad you got it working. I know that some Evo owners were able to get it up and running once they had 2.2, but I don't know if they were rooted and running custom ROMs or not. I haven't heard of anyone that was running the latest update not be able to setup their Evo with EAS afterwards ... surprised they (HTC or Sprint) didn't make a bigger deal of this.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Yes, Hotmail now offers exchange sync, if you want I can get you the instructions.

Update: I see you got it in another reply :)

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
To get multiple exchange accounts on the evo you will need to install the stock mail android app. The Htc mail only allows one.
You will need to side load the stock mail app. Do a search for it on xda developers site and you will find it. Make sure you use the one for os 2.2

Thank you for the reply. I tried searching on that sire but it does not return anything. Do you have a link?

thanks,
Sean

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for the response. I tried searching but got nothing returned. Do you have a link?

thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad