Some of the stuff I downloaded, especially Jefit and something else seemed too complicated for what I want. I am trying to lose 80 lbs in addition to gaining strength, so what I needed was a simple app to use.

Some features I wanted:
    Weight tracker - keeps a chart of my weight.
    Set reps - shows how many I did and a chart to show my increased strength.
    Cardio tracker - shows how many miles I did in addition to how many calories I burnt.

I don't need one with a GPS, calorie counter, or any of that full stuff. Jefit doesn't seem to be simplified for me to use. I just want to input the values and go when I'm done with something.

So I'm here, asking you guys, what you use.
    2CupsWithString likes this.
    01-04-2011 01:03 PM
    01-04-2011 01:19 PM
    Yeah, that CardioTrainer is definitely something I didn't want to use as it uses GPS and it requires you to keep the phone on your arm.
    01-04-2011 01:29 PM
    Some of the stuff I downloaded, especially Jefit and something else seemed too complicated for what I want. I am trying to lose 80 lbs in addition to gaining strength, so what I needed was a simple app to use.

Some features I wanted:
    Weight tracker - keeps a chart of my weight.
    Set reps - shows how many I did and a chart to show my increased strength.
    Cardio tracker - shows how many miles I did in addition to how many calories I burnt.

I don't need one with a GPS, calorie counter, or any of that full stuff. .

So I'm here, asking you guys, what you use.
    Better rethink not needing a calorie counter. Just do a little research. I think USA Today just had an article about counting calories. That being said. MyFitnessPal is a great program. Very simple UI. Really keeps you tuned into what you're stuffing in your face and really lets you know how important exercise (cardio ) is in maintaining or losing weight. Not trying to minimize weight training, because I know it's an important aspect to overall fitness. But, if I had to lose 80lbs, I'd be spending a heck of a lot more time on cardio than I would on the weights.

PS- Best of luck on your weight loss. Just remember, ya gotta start somewhere--anything is better than nothing--consistency.
    doc69 likes this.
    01-04-2011 02:31 PM
    +1 on the cardio with less weights. Looks like I'm not the only one with the new years resolution to lose some weight lol.
    01-04-2011 02:49 PM
    I recently lost 55lbs and it was mainly doing cardio. I actually did the workout program that is going around right now ( dont want to name it, cause im not trying to plug it) and it worked great.

I think that if you have 80lbs to lose, you should focus on cardio for about 60 lbs of it. The workout i did still had weight training, but focused mainly on cardio. Unless you are going to the bulked up look...
    01-04-2011 03:28 PM
    55lbs!! Let's hear it for seraphemz--YEY!!!!!!
    seraphemz likes this.
    01-04-2011 04:03 PM
    I responded in the other thread, but here's a little writeup I did about the Calorie Counter by My Fitness Pal (showdown against Calorie Counter by Fat Secret).

It's a bit out of date since both apps have been updated: My Fitness Pal now has a barcode scanner which it didn't at the time and Fat Secret did a GUI redesign.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...tness-pal.html

Regardless, I use My Fitness Pal and love it.
    01-04-2011 07:02 PM
    I used MyFitnessPal and I lost 38 lbs in 4 and a half months. I did a ton of running and counted calories. You need to have a deficit of 500 calories for every pound you want to lose. You definitely need to be counting those calories to lose 80 lbs. Good luck on losing the weight. It is so hard but so worth it.
    01-04-2011 08:16 PM
    Just just finished losing 65 pounds in 8 months and I can tell you the weight training was as important as the cardio. The more muscle you have the faster you burn calories. Keeping a food log and counting calories is very effective as well. I just read an article from CNN that give you some great tips on how to burn the fat off.
    The 51 fastest fat burners - CNN.com
    I hope this helps and good luck.

I used myfitnesspal
    01-05-2011 08:50 AM
    good thread, I'm going to try out myfitnesspal myself.
    01-05-2011 11:28 AM
    Run Keeper Pro is a very nice app... maybe not for gym use so much but if you plan on actually going out ocasionally to run walk or bike it is really nice to have... oh and it is free untill the end of the month so scoop it upwhile you can.

Run Keeper Pro now free until the end of January | Android Central
    01-05-2011 01:54 PM
    Jeffit. I know you said it doesn't seem simple, and I thought so at first too, but I suggest just entering some arbitrary information using one of their pre-set programs. After about half a workout or seven minutes of using it, it becomes really simple.

And not just with the preset programs. It's really easy to create and edit things on the fly. Like, when I wanted to add jumping rope to a program I was doing that day, it took like 20seconds. Then when I did rope work in the middle of the AB routine instead of the end it was another couple of seconds to reorder it.

Seriously, check it out and give it a shot. I think once you get a feel for it (takes like half a workout) you'll love it. Out of over 90 apps, it's the only one I've bothered to rate, it's that good.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    01-05-2011 02:58 PM
    And if anyone reading the thread is looking for the ultimate (in my not so humble -in this case- opinion) app, it is definitely Smartrunner. It's more for a GPS based thing, but it's lovely, easy to use, shows maps, charts W speed and elevation, and has a great web interface to go with it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    01-05-2011 03:06 PM
    I am an Beachbody Coach, creators of P90X, Insanity, Slim in 6, etc..and I would love to talk to you about weight loss. You don't need some app to take care of it.

Please e-mail me, mgianni919@gmail.com. I would love to talk and guide you in the right direction.
    01-05-2011 03:12 PM
    I use MyFitnessPal to log food. Workouts I use Fitlinxxx at my gym.
    01-05-2011 06:34 PM
    i just started using myfitnesspal. i like it because its simple to use. i'm hoping to finally lose weight and keep it off. i've been battling my weight for 5 years now. i started at 225, got down to 185. When i was 185 i was eating super healthy and going to the gym for 2 hours a day. But it just wasn't a realistic life style when i got to college. Since then i've gained weight and am now 260... I work 35 hours a week while taking 20 credits. i dont have time to go to the gym, and thus i've decided to take control of what i eat.

good luck to everyone involved with losing weight!
    01-05-2011 10:50 PM
    I am an Beachbody Coach, creators of P90X, Insanity, Slim in 6, etc..and I would love to talk to you about weight loss. You don't need some app to take care of it.

Please e-mail me, mgianni919@gmail.com. I would love to talk and guide you in the right direction.
    You meant to say,
    "I lost 20 pounds...How? I drank bear **** and took up fencing. How the **** you think, son? I exercised."

Regards
    01-06-2011 04:54 PM
    Good day!

You can use Gym Book: training workout to track your results.

There is link: https://market.android.com/details?i...ymstat_limited
    01-14-2012 02:40 AM
    The golds gym spotter app is pretty cool on the iphone, im hoping they make it for android soon
    02-04-2012 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD