Possible new EVO owner!

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I am looking at the evo & shift. Leaning on the EVO & i was wondering how the phone handles as something i carry in my front jeans pocket? Mabey some accessories i should look at? I saw an awesome leather flip case here on the site that had skulls and stuff on it which i like but wasn't able to find it.
Anyways sorry to ramble on i figured since this phone is so well established with a huge community that it would be my best choice for my first Android phone.
I will do more research any suggestions or links would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Reactions: npark

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It is a good choice with the evo. I kee it in my front pocket and have the extended battery one it and it feels fine there. Other wise my phone is naked

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
cool man think i will start out with at least a screen protector since id be paranoid & the 3500mah batt w/ cover from siedo if i decide on the EVO.
Who makes the best Truck docking station so i can use it for Nav? i saw the siedo one which looked cool but it doesn't seem to let you turn the evo to the side in the pics.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I use a custom rom and i get about 20-40 hours out of the normal 1500mah battery depending on usage. I really dont understand the need for the 3500 battery.

vr6glidriver

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I use a custom rom and i get about 20-40 hours out of the normal 1500mah battery depending on usage. I really dont understand the need for the 3500 battery.

Definitely not paired to an Exchange server :confused:.. I WISH I could get anywhere near 20 horus of "normal" usage. I'm lucky to have my phone last from 6am until 1pm.

DSPKweb

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Commuter case and carry in my front and back pockets without any issues, great case for the phone well worth the price. Amazon has them on sale at the moment. Will have to look into the ROM to see if it is worth it,, but it sound like it might be.

DandyAndy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes the Commuter Case for EVO is great! My wife has one on her EVO. I unfortunately bought the defender series and it is utter crap. It has a built in kickstand made of 1/8" plastic that will snap off with the slightest bit of pressure. Once this case craps out I'm getting a Commuter.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been carrying my Evo around for about a month now in my jeans pockets. The phone is completely naked, no case, no screen protector and so far it still looks factory fresh, not a mark or scratch on it anywhere. The EVO is definately a winner for me, the Shift looks nice too but once you get used to this beautiful huge screen it's hard to look at any other smaller phones the same way.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Pre to the Hero and now the EVO. I have to say that the EVO might actually be the least noticeable in my pocket. I know that sounds weird, but the way that it is contoured and curved on the back, it really is pretty slick. The Pre and the Hero felt MUCH thicker in my pocket.

FWIW, I only have a screen protector.

callderek#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Four months with my naked Evo and it looks brand new. Front pocket most of the time its so flat that the larger size isn't an issue. My old Pre seems small and fat now!

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
very interesting. Does the otterbox commuter case allow for one of the 1800mah batts? When you guys carry the EVO in your jean pockets is it the only thing you carry in that pocket or along with say your keys? i usually reserve one pocket for my phone and accidentally put keys in there alot so wanted to be sure its safe.

DandyAndy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
No OtterBox case will allow you to use the 1800mah battery. If you're interested in any case from OtterBox get the commuter. You know I found this out by accident but the Seidio Innocase with holster will FIT the commuter case perfectly! I'm not sure you use holsters or not but it's an idea.
I don't think any phone could withstand being stuffed in a pocket with keys and not get scratched up. Granted, this phone does withstand a good bit of torture.

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Holster Case Combo for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49