Wi-fi question

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok i feel stupid asking but does a wi-fi icon show on the main notification bar when it is turned on. Or does it only show when it finds an open network.

DandyAndy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Vol as in Tennessee Vols?
I'm not sure I feel comfortable answering your question especially if you're a Florida Gator fan. haha

A notification will only show up if you have gone into Settings>Wireless & Networks>Wi-Fi settings> and check Network Notification. This will show you ANY Wi-Fi network secured or not.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
The setting mentioned by DandyAndy controls whether a notification appears when:
- You are not connected to a wifi network
- There are available networks to connect to

When connected to a wifi network, the only indication in the bar is the wifi icon that replaces the 4G or 3G icon upon successful connection.

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the help. i think my phone has an issue. It keeps scanning but never pickups up any networks yet my buddy phone has several he can choose from that are showing up.

FYI it is volhater as in i hate the tennesse volunteers

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
No the notification will not be seen. Only when you're actually connected. You phone will still be searching.

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

Hey DandyAndy any word on when memphis is geeting 4G? I live in the area but have heard nothing?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams