Deleting contacts question

jamjordan

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I have looked on the forums but couldn't find anything about this. I have a couple of contacts that are email only on my phone that I want to delete but unable to do this. Any help would be great.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
IMO it's easier to manage google contacts from a desktop computer. Just login to gmail or google voice and click on contacts and erase the people you'd like to erase.

CansFan

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same dilemma just yesterday. I had contacts that were just emails, either from facebook or yahoo (I think). I couldn't long press and delete like a regular contact so I just ended up linking them to the facebook or google contact I already had since most were already on my phone as regular contacts. This made my contact list a lot cleaner.

Would be nice to know if there was a way to just delete though.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Just set the phone to not display the contacts for which you have no phone numbers. In your contacts list, press the menu button, choose view, and check the box for "Only contacts with phone numbers." That's what I do.

snap20110105225619.png

Reactions: jamjordan

jamjordan

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
^^Thanks for the help everyone. I just did the one that said show only ones with numbers. There has to be a way to delete those ones some how. I did try going into google but there not even there. Thanks everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac