Any way i can change the default sense theme in default sense 2.2 rom for evo?

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Am stuck with this ugly theme that came with the default sense 2.2 rom. Do i have to switch roms just to be able to change my theme? I know i change boot into recovery and select the themes zip and all that but im yet to find a theme that's for the default 2.2 sense rom. Any help please?

Sent From Tapatalk.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You can install launcher pro/adw/adw-ex on any rooted or non rooted rom and change up the look and feel that way if you don't want to take the theme/rom plunge.

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
You can install launcher pro/adw/adw-ex on any rooted or non rooted rom and change up the look and feel that way if you don't want to take the theme/rom plunge. Matter of fact, i think i should try fresh baked. Does this mean i wont be able to update to gingerbread when it comes? Or should just save my present rom and switch back?

I have adw-ex! But i like some of the htc widgets like the launcher and calender. I tried buy a bunc of widgets but that didn't help out lol. I guess i just have to live with my cm 6.1. 2

Sent From Tapatalk.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have adw-ex! But i like some of the htc widgets like the launcher and calender. I tried buy a bunc of widgets but that didn't help out lol. I guess i just have to live with my cm 6.1. 2

Sent From Tapatalk.

Yes. The Sense launcher from HTC is not themeable, in that you cannot load themes.

To get custom Sense/Rosie launcher themes and looks, you need a new rom. Myn's warm is the most popular (and very slick looking) version of sense.

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes. The Sense launcher from HTC is not themeable, in that you cannot load themes.

To get custom Sense/Rosie launcher themes and looks, you need a new rom. Myn's warm is the most popular (and very slick looking) version of sense.

i found a theme for CM 6.1.2
How do i install the theme please?

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
i found a theme for CM 6.1.2
How do i install the theme please?

I would suggest for the most up to date information on CM6, go to the CM wiki.

However, it's under settings, Cyanogen settings, then one of the menus in there you can apply the theme. My wife took my Evo with CM running on it, so I don't remember the exact navigation, but it's pretty straightforward.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to install the theme zip file via recovery.

Then if applicable you have to go to cm settings, user tweaks and import the theme xml file but this will be on the theme instructions if you have to do this.

If you like the sense widgets I highly suggest you pay for launcher pro and use those widgets they are extremely sense like.

edit: you can also install the theme zip file from manager just don't wipe anything.

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest for the most up to date information on CM6, go to the CM wiki.

However, it's under settings, Cyanogen settings, then one of the menus in there you can apply the theme. My wife took my Evo with CM running on it, so I don't remember the exact navigation, but it's pretty straightforward.

Thanks! i'll look for it :)

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
You have to install the theme zip file via recovery.

Then if applicable you have to go to cm settings, user tweaks and import the theme xml file but this will be on the theme instructions if you have to do this.

If you like the sense widgets I highly suggest you pay for launcher pro and use those widgets they are extremely sense like.

edit: you can also install the theme zip file from manager just don't wipe anything.

Yeah i like the sense themes. i pretty much just saved a whole rom of sense 2.2 and all the stuff i put in it so i can go back to it when i want it.

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I took your advice and used myn. Thanks a lot. I love it!

Sent From Tapatalk.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac