Greetings folks, I am a BlackBerry convert and I have a question that I can't find an answer to. My new EVO opens text, email, browser, market ect. only in landscape view. If I turn the phone the view will flip upside down and back to rightside up, but never into portrait view. When I first got the phone it would display the view according to the way I was holding it, and I was under the impression that this is the norm. I have tried checking and unchecking the auto-rotate, and even calibrating the G sensor. As well I have searched the forums, but I can't find anything EVO specific, or anything that helps at all. Hoping you folks have run into this issue numerous time and have an "oh duh" answer for me. Thanks in advance.
    01-08-2011 10:22 AM
    Aside from the System settings (Auto-rotate and G-Sensor calibration), depending on the app (Internet browser, for instance), it may have its own rotation setting.

For the default Internet browser, go to Menu > More > Settings, and look for "Landscape-only display." Make sure the box next to it is unchecked.

Look for similar settings in the other apps where you experience the same problem.
    01-08-2011 04:20 PM
    Thanks Glenn, I just got it sorted. It seems I was botching the simple G sensor calibration.
    01-09-2011 05:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD