Two unexpected (unusual?) behavior since latest HTC software update

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, some I'm a little behind on downloading the update. :eek: Anyway, since updating a couple days ago, all seems to be working well and I haven't experienced any problems; however, I have noticed two surprisingly changed behaviors:

1. When I unplug my Evo from charging, the device no longer turns on as it always has following this action.
  2. When I plug my Evo into my car charger (supplied USB cable into a separate USB cigarette lighter adapter), my USB Debugging icon appears in my notificati9n bar, a behavior I have previously ONLY experienced when plugging unto my computer (USB Debugging turned on because I use my Evo to tether).

Personally, these behaviors are not an issue for me, and as far as I can tell they are not problematic in any way (although I'm curious what the effect of USB debugging is when not plugged into a computer). I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced these behaviors and they are intentionally changed behaviors in the latest HTC update?

Thanks!
ME

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For the second issue, your phone is recognizing your car charger as usb?

My Samsung Instinct, Moment, and now my Evo does that with certain chargers so it's not specific to your phone or the Evo. Maybe just a coincidence?

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
For the second issue, your phone is recognizing your car charger as usb?

My Samsung Instinct, Moment, and now my Evo does that with certain chargers so it's not specific to your phone or the Evo. Maybe just a coincidence?

I didn't think of the second issue as my 'phone is recognizing [my] car charger as a usb'; however, I have had some ongoing issues with my Evo being recognized as a USB storage device. This issue preceded the latest HTC update, but perhaps there is some correlation?

ME

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7