AdW/LauncherPro ...

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
are there any other apps like these that are free and able to change themes? i cant find a good one for the ADW and instant home doesnt let me use my widgets :eek:

anything out their that i dont know about?

Thanks Community.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
are there any other apps like these that are free and able to change themes? i cant find a good one for the ADW and instant home doesnt let me use my widgets :eek:

anything out their that i dont know about?

Thanks Community.
Havnt tried it but i heard Go launcher was pretty decent

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks alot that is one i havent heard before.

but that still cannot have the HTC Evo widgets. is there anyone out their with all the widgets?

thanks for the help though, im gonna hold onto this app

droidvader17

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I changed from the Sense UI to Launcher Pro....By far the best one out there.

My personal favorite part is the 15 customizable dock shortcuts..Sure beats the 3 standard ones with Sense UI..

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks alot that is one i havent heard before.

but that still cannot have the HTC Evo widgets. is there anyone out their with all the widgets?

thanks for the help though, im gonna hold onto this app

If you need to use HTC Widgets, you need to use Sense UI. No other third party launchers can use HTC Widgets. There are widgets all over the Market to do custom Home screens.

Here is a shot of Go Launcher with Beautiful Weather Widget stretched more than 4 x 2 and Minimalistic Widgets day grid and Minimalistic Widgets custom icons for some apps....

snap20110109_172143.png

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
That's because the HTC widgets are part of sense. If you stop sense you lose the HTC factory widgets. If you look hard in the market you should be able to find a close if not better version of most of the widgets. I hope this helps.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I like the look of Launcher Pros Widgets with Beautiful Widgets weather/clock and toggles. Then there's the option in LPP for all the docks and swipe shortcuts. Keeps the phone less cluttered and clean looking instead of having icons all over the place.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Just be careful with launcher pro, read the comments on how the free version has a timer that will expire and lock your phone so you can't do anything. I would vote for adw.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Go Lanucher

In the last few weeks I went through HTC Sense, CM/ADW -> ADW EX -> Launcher Pro -> Go Launcher

and each step was an improvement over the previous one.

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
thanks alot for the input guys this helps a bunch.

the widgets that i want aren't really the wifi , gps, bluetooth or 4g toggle im worried about ( but wouldnt mind having them on other UI ) its the bookmarks and calendar widget for the htc widgets i really wanted.

But Go launcher is the best one i have seen so far. Launcher Pro is really good but im not a fan of paying for apps. i do have BW and SlideIt Keyboard which is way better then the swype the last update gave us. but other then that im not a fan of purchasing much on the market.

Burt Reynolds

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
thanks alot for the input guys this helps a bunch.

Launcher Pro is really good but im not a fan of paying for apps. i do have BW and SlideIt Keyboard which is way better then the swype the last update gave us. but other then that im not a fan of purchasing much on the market.

I'm not judging you, I like free too. But if everybody chose to DL free apps only, I'm pretty certain our options would begin to dwindle. A dollar or two to greatly improve our user experience is a small price to pay for the hard work developers put into their work.

Off soapbox.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
What advantages does Go Launcher have that's not in LauncherPro? I briefly looked at Go Launcher but didn't see anything new or different right off.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just be careful with launcher pro, read the comments on how the free version has a timer that will expire and lock your phone so you can't do anything. I would vote for adw.

That was for an older version of the free app. The dev removed the timer altogether because of the bug.

That said, if it happened to me, I'd probably stop using it altogether.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I used to be hardcore LP+.. But ADW EX changed that. It's AWESOME. Supposedly the developer of LP is creating a new version from the ground up that's supposed to have some sweet visuals like ADW EX. Until that happens, ADW RX for me...

Btw, if you want a really different style launcher, you can try Netfront Life Screen.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Not true what so ever.. Because it did not happen to everyone. Issue occurred in one version and was quickly pulled and fixed.

droidvader17

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not judging you, I like free too. But if everybody chose to DL free apps only, I'm pretty certain our options would begin to dwindle. A dollar or two to greatly improve our user experience is a small price to pay for the hard work developers put into their work.

Off soapbox.

If we want to continue to have great options, we HAVE to support our developers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech