txfarmboy

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I know I can add a folder to the main home page. Is there a way to make a folder on the page that has all the apps listed? I want to put all the icons in to a folder and just display all the apps that I use and want to see.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Unless you can do this some how rooted,(I know nothing about rooting), then the answer is no. I very rarlely go to that app page myself.all apps I use the most,go on my front page. On another page I got some folders to orginize Stuff Like all music stuff,one folder,all picture Stuff,one folder,etc,etc.fill rest of pages with Some Widgets And other apps I use often.if u set things up good,you almost never have to go to that main app Page.

Evo-lution

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Unless you can do this some how rooted,(I know nothing about rooting), then the answer is no. I very rarlely go to that app page myself.all apps I use the most,go on my front page. On another page I got some folders to orginize Stuff Like all music stuff,one folder,all picture Stuff,one folder,etc,etc.fill rest of pages with Some Widgets And other apps I use often.if u set things up good,you almost never have to go to that main app Page.

Evo-lution

I do something similar. I have folders for Games, Tools, System, Work, and Fun Stuff. I have a separate page for audio / video stuff. Whenever I install an app, I make it a habit to put it into a folder. I can't remember the last time I opened the app drawer.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Not 100% sure I understand what you are asking, but does this work for you (you don't need to be rooted for this)?

Download Apps Organizer from the market (it's free). Then you just assign labels to apps (like you can assign an app to "games" or "multimedia" or "social"). You can create your own labels, and apps can be assigned to more than one label.

Then add the Apps Organizer widget to a screen, and choose which label you want to display. You'll end up with an icon on the screen, that when you press it, you get an app drawer with only those apps. It'll look something like this (in the screen below, they've pressed the "multimedia" icon that's on the bottom left)

You can use Desktop Visualizer if you want to change the icon to something else (that looks more like a folder).

screen

Another example. This is my "games" screen with my most-played games shown as icons. When I press the graphic for "games" in the top-right, I get another drawer full of all my games:
snap20110105_164704.png
snap20110110_105734.png

Last edited:

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend Apps Organizer. I do the same thing and use this and love it. It also allows for quick uninstall.
The default "folder" into which new programs download in Apps Organizer is "Other"; however, I keep a shortcut to it and then immediately organize from there if I am not uninstalling an app.
quick and easy..