Text Messages Appearing Under Wrong Contact

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have sent some text messages to people and instead of the message appearing under their name it appeared under someone elses name. I confirmed, by accident, that the text did indeed go to the person I sent it to and not the person that the message showed up as going to on my Evo.

Anyone else have this problem and if so how did you fix it? This issue almost got me in deep trouble with two different girls. :eek:

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
ROFL! Maybe you should just behave!

It is a known issue with the text app on the Evo and it can also send them to the wrong person, so if you're going to keep playing, you may want to use a different app for texts.

I recommend Handcent, it is not known to have these problems, plus it has many more features.

Install it from the app market or appbrain and then disable the notifications in the regular app, or you will get double notifications, every time you get a message.

Reactions: brewzer

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I second Handcent. I noticed these issues occasionally with the default app, but I haven't had any problems since I switched. I also just provides a nicer interfaces to work with than the default app, and I greatly prefer Handcent to Chomp.

Reactions: brewzer

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
ROFL! Maybe you should just behave!

It is a known issue with the text app on the Evo and it can also send them to the wrong person, so if you're going to keep playing, you may want to use a different app for texts.

I recommend Handcent, it is not known to have these problems, plus it has many more features.

Install it from the app market or appbrain and then disable the notifications in the regular app, or you will get double notifications, every time you get a message.

Maybe I should, but misbehaving is much more fun! ;)

Thanks, I acutally have Handcent installed already but I didn't know to turn off the double notifications until yesterday when I read how on the forums. Now I just use Handcent and hopefully won't get in any trouble.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I should, but misbehaving is much more fun! ;)

Thanks, I acutally have Handcent installed already but I didn't know to turn off the double notifications until yesterday when I read how on the forums. Now I just use Handcent and hopefully won't get in any trouble.

I understand, that's why I'll never get married, again! ;)