When was the last time you turned on 4G?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know some people out there use it regularly. And there are some people that still don't have it available.

But I'm sure there are some like me that have a launch day phone with 4G available from jump that never use it.

I don't think I've turned it on since September. Partially because of the lag issue that developed, but mostly because quite frankly, I don't need it.

How about you?

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
About an hour ago. I'm a couple of blocks south of the river just off Michigan Ave. My office is a freakin' vault. 3g not so great here. Our wi-fi barely gets to me. But, somehow 4g works great. I just keep it here on the desk and as it gets low on juice, plug 'er in. Use it daily.

bj

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I used it yesterday, was the first time in quite a while because I never had 4g coverage at my office, only home.

Anyway our web crashed yesterday so I plugged in my USB cabled and tethered 4G, 5.5Mbits down, it was good stuff and after a few minutes I didn't even remember I was on a wireless link.

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I get 4g in my home. I am really thinking on canceling my ISP since I already do most of my stuff using the EVO. My wife also has an EVO...

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I used it yesterday, was the first time in quite a while because I never had 4g coverage at my office, only home.

Anyway our web crashed yesterday so I plugged in my USB cabled and tethered 4G, 5.5Mbits down, it was good stuff and after a few minutes I didn't even remember I was on a wireless link.

Yeah, the rocket scientists at Comcast couldn't get our broadband up for a couple of days over the holiday. I used the Evo to access my account, turn on Hotspot and away we went. 3 computers in the house all running on my Evo.

bj

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I admit I don't really turn mine on much, once in awhile just to play with.

The one place I want to use it, for tethering to my laptop, there is no signal.

It sucks battery so much I just don't want the extra speed over that and 3G is actually fast enough for me.

Last edited:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving my 4G and I can't live without it. Without my 4G connection I wouldn't be able to be on here that much. It allow me to post, and edit things really fast. 3G speed is too slow for me. love to see that icon... Check out the screen-shot below. Ps.4G ddoesn't seem to drain my battery at all.

snap20110111_162056.png

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site

I am not rooted and I do not have the hotspot data plan. I have no need to spend the 29.95 since I have WiFi at home and work.

That said I would very much like to use my lap top in certain places where there is no unsecured WiFi to make a presentation. How can I tether with a USB cable?

Thanks

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted and I do not have the hotspot data plan. I have no need to spend the 29.95 since I have WiFi at home and work.

That said I would very much like to use my lap top in certain places where there is no unsecured WiFi to make a presentation. How can I tether with a USB cable?

Thanks

Just go to the market and get Easy Tether or PDANet.
Easy Tether works fine and is half the price at $9.95. Pdanet is $23.95 ($15.95 now for a limited time)

I also like Easytether as I like buying directly from the Market, PdaNet has to be purchased from their own site.

EasyTether Free is limited to non HTTPS sites

EasyTether - Android app on AppBrain
chart

PdaNet
PdaNet - Android app on AppBrain
chart

mbeezy

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I use it everyday it does drain my battery a little faster, but I'm usually charging off and on during the day anyway.

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
only turn it off in the office since i can't get a signal, even tho i have a window office. but just outside, i've pulled 8 megs.

weird

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Two days ago, to test the 4G signal at my sister's place when their wifi was acting up.

Since I'm mostly in places where wifi is available, I don't often have the need to turn on 4G, especially since it more often than not slows down the performance of the phone, and typically requires a reboot to get the Evo back to running smoothly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca