Evo showing the wrong time?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My evo has been showing the wrong time for a couple days now. Off by about 5 hours. Like i'm in the UK. But the time zone is still the same. Every time I restart my phone it goes back to normal, but then after a short while it goes right back to being five hours ahead. Anyone else having this problem? Text messages and emails still show a time stamp of the correct time. Weird.

dmrdsm

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
My husbands might be a hour off sometimes also. Never used to happen but seems to all if the time now. It switches itself back to normal. Mine never does it. Very odd. Will check into setting it manually.

mbeezy

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
My Evo did that once I couldn't figure it out. I just reset the phone and it went back.

Sent from my EVO using tapatalk.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do tell. I'm having the same issue occasionally.

Yeah what was it? I had to set my time zone manually because my phone kept setting itself to the wrong time zone.
This is what I do when that had happen to me: From home screen > tap menu then settings > then applications > manage applications > running then HTC sense and force stop, and clear data. Never had anymore problem since.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is what I do when that had happen to me: From home screen > tap menu then settings > then applications > manage applications > running then HTC sense and force stop, and clear data. Never had anymore problem since.

Do you lose any of your settings doing that? I have several scenes, all set up just the way I want them. I'd hate to have to recreate all of them.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Did any of you guys get the most recent HTC update that pushed to the EVO? The one that added Blockbuster and Nova and a couple other things? I've seen this issue before and I'm trying to figure out if it is related to the most recent update.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Did any of you guys get the most recent HTC update that pushed to the EVO? The one that added Blockbuster and Nova and a couple other things? I've seen this issue before and I'm trying to figure out if it is related to the most recent update.

Yep, I have a custom ROM that has the updates cooked in.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you lose any of your settings doing that? I have several scenes, all set up just the way I want them. I'd hate to have to recreate all of them.
Yes, it does erase all data for that settings... it doesn't delete any apps.

** Note **
DO THIS ONLY IF NOTHING ELSE WORK.

Good luck.

ACEaton1483

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you let me know what the issue was/how to fix it? It's happening to my boyfriend's phone and his alarm has failed to go off for a few days because the time changes overnight. Just to clarify, his phone randomly began displaying the time as one hour later than it was. He adjusted it manually which worked for a few days, but then it changed itself again. This morning now, it showed the time as being an hour earlier than it actually was. The time zone and location are correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12