Wanting suggestions for Launcher choices

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm ready to try a new launcher. I've only been using Sense since I got my EVO.

Can I get some feedback from people who have tried more than one launcher (ADW, Launcher Pro, Go Launcher, etc.)?

It would help if you give some specifics about what you like or don't like. Don't just vote for your favorite without saying why you like it.

Thanks!

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey I like zeam launcher if you like simple and organized and you could have alittle more settings then without one and also go dev launcher is very cool its like the galaxy s launcher sorta on crack lol its alot more customized the app drawer looks like the galaxy s and you can even put a pic in the background behind the app drawer and it also has tabs that show all app that you resently used and it give you another that is turned into a task killer that killer ;-) that's what I use but its a personal opinion

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

Reactions: igotsanevo4g

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have used Launcher Pro Plus and it was pretty good. Great UI and customization options.

I am currently using ADW Launcher Ex. I think i like it better then LPP to be honest. The customization of this launcher is awsome and you can do alot.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Launcher likes, dislikes and opinions of them are as varied as the launchers. I've used just about every launcher out there. I like Open Home and Go Launcher.

OP, download some launchers and play with them. There are free and payware launchers available. What I like about a launcher, you may not like....

jinxltd

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have used Go, Pro, ADW, and now I use android 2.3 launcher witch I like the best so far not as much options to customize as the other's but very clean & smooth. As when I want to go nuts with customizing I prefer Go launcher & Cm6.1.2. Its all preference what I did was downloaded the ones I wanted and home switcher so you can play with them all at one but be carefull cause any Widgets you have on each one like weather will still sync even though your not using that launcher. All in all they are all pretty good.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Agree with triotraveler, but I'm using Go launcher since I'm cheap. I like the customization a lot but it does sometimes suffer from performance issues like locking up, slow opening apps or adding them to a homescreen. You also lose access to the HTC widgets.

I'm sticking with it for now since they update frequently but we'll see long term....

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Search is your friend. I have answered some variant of this question at least twice a week. Please try searching the forum.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
ADW EX is starting to grow on me...although i have been a die-hard launcher pro fan.

Yea i dont use zeam but when i have tried it...its very clean

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the ADW Launcher and it is great for me. I have used the Launcher Pro before I it is also great, but it had minor lags that made me switch.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Personally I think the old LP Pro can't even touch ADW EX. Now with Fede working on the new LauncherPro, it could be ground breaking. Still ADW EX is much smoother then LP, and has extensive customization.

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

I tried wear searching before I posted, but most of what I found was just "I like this one". It's hard to find specifics, like this one is smoother or has better visuals or responds faster.

Anyhow, I appreciate the quick responses.

Mr. Berry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried NetFront launcher, very pleasing to the eye but lacks customization flexibility. I think it will make a lot of noise soon.

I'll stick with LauncherPro Plus for now.

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I switch between launcher pro plus (paid version) and go launcher.

Launcher pro plus is more stable and has great widgets. But lacks the control that go launcher has. With go launcher it is easier to switch between running tasks as recent programs is integrated into the app drawer. Plus with go you can have many more screens. All the dock icons can be used with go if you want them too. Why use just one? Get a few and switch as you like!

Hope those are specific enough.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey