today.... January 16... would you get EVO 4G even if its about 8 months old.......
    01-17-2011 11:18 AM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...evo-worth.html

In short, I would. But you may want to wait a few weeks to see what happens on the 7th.
    01-17-2011 11:27 AM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...evo-worth.html

In short, I would. But you may want to wait a few weeks to see what happens on the 7th.
    ^agreed... i love my evo, though there's probably some new devices on the horizon, i'd wait it out a little longer
    01-17-2011 11:30 AM
    You're talking about a phone that HTC has to make duplicates/imitations /lookalikes for other carriers. The Evo is so exciting that I'm still finding out more things about it each day.

If Sprint doesn't come out with anything new for this year... I'm content with my Evolution(Evo).
    01-17-2011 11:35 AM
    You're talking about a phone that HTC has to make duplicates/imitations /lookalikes for other carriers. The Evo is so exciting that I'm still finding out more things about it each day.

If Sprint doesn't come out with anything new for this year... I'm content with my Evolution(Evo).
    Exactly..Root+CyanogenMod=Priceless
    01-17-2011 11:53 AM
    Love the Evo, its been amazing - and remember that ANY new device is bound to have bugs when it first comes out, which could make for a very annoying new phone...from what I've read, the Evo was the same way when it first came out.

Just something to consider.
    01-17-2011 11:57 AM
    Absolutely I would get it today.
    01-17-2011 12:19 PM
    Absolutely I would get it today.
    I agree i would to..Evo is a beast even to this day
    01-17-2011 12:26 PM
    I'd get it. It's always hard to catch up to technology anyway, so its pointless to try to do so.... if something comes out February 7th, you'd still be in your 30 days Sprint policy... Either way... you can't go wrong with the Evo.
    01-17-2011 12:28 PM
    I would wait, I'm looking at 2/7 hoping we'll get a tegra2 based handset to upgrade to or I'll switch it up to another carrier.
    01-17-2011 12:44 PM
    I have been an early adopter on several devices, and I will admit that it is really nice having a phone with all the bugs already worked out and updates pushed through.
    Brand new devices are fun, but I am at the point where I need a device that will work the first time every time, and being an early adopter often does not provide me this luxury.

Just my two cents though
    01-17-2011 12:45 PM
    I would wait, I'm looking at 2/7 hoping we'll get a tegra2 based handset to upgrade to or I'll switch it up to another carrier.
    As for me i wouldnt keep switching carriers for another phone plus the evo is a excellent phone to this day..
    01-17-2011 01:00 PM
    As for me i wouldnt keep switching carriers for another phone plus the evo is a excellent phone to this day..
    I agree, it is indeed excellent and can run any android app out there and run it good at that. I'm just ready for some snappier performance, a better for your battery GSM radio and a next gen display.

The EVO isn't bad by any means, it's great. It's just a tricky time a couple of weeks after CES and right before some more mobile shows in the next few months here.
    01-17-2011 01:06 PM
    Here's what I did.

I'm upgrade eligible Feb 1.

I bought a used EVO off Ebay. I'm going to use it until a dual core hits Sprint, even if that's not until June. Of course, maybe it will be next month....

I'm not going to be the first in the door to get the newest phone, unless it's really what I want (dual core and just like the Evo).
    01-17-2011 01:52 PM
    I wouldnt be first in line due to how many bugs will be in the phone but i would cop the phone later down the road if its worth it
    01-17-2011 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD