Any current fix to the two lock screen issue?

dcmidnight

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Doesnt seem to be any recent threads on the issue, old stuff goes back several months.

Is there any work around right now to having two lock screens - on Sprint at least? While it is not a *huge* pain to swipe the first screen down and then use the unlock screen - it would be nice not to have to deal with that first screen since it offers nothing to me at this point.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Doesnt seem to be any recent threads on the issue, old stuff goes back several months.

Is there any work around right now to having two lock screens - on Sprint at least? While it is not a *huge* pain to swipe the first screen down and then use the unlock screen - it would be nice not to have to deal with that first screen since it offers nothing to me at this point.

I sorta disagree with the thread title, "two lock screens issue" because it's not an issue per se, as in implying it's a bug.

Yes, you can find a workaround for this, such as noLock, but that doesn't work for me. But other platforms have the same exact action... Slide to unlock the screen, and then optionally a password lock (unless enforced by EAS).. namely iOS.

One thing I did, is switch to the AOSP android slide-unlock screen. It's MUCH more useful with the ability to control silent mode without unlocking.

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree it's not a bug but it is a pain and exists on the iPhone as well.

I'd love to be able just to just the security lock screen and not the slider.

Tried No Lock but it didn't work for me - just left it with no lock screen at all (security or other.)

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree it's not a bug but it is a pain and exists on the iPhone as well.

I'd love to be able just to just the security lock screen and not the slider.

Tried No Lock but it didn't work for me - just left it with no lock screen at all (security or other.)

The AOSP lock screen, or even widget locker make it much less painful. :D

dcmidnight

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I dont want a lock app or anything like that. I want to be able to use the phones lock screen without the initial swipe screen. Looks like currently that is not possible. Thanks all.