New User help

jdogsparky26

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
First can you get notifications for facebook. I am a former iphone user and we could with it. Also with twitter can i get notifactions from just my friends

How do you update applications and when do you know when they need to be updated

I have a htc evo.

I seem to have 2 facebook apps on my phone as well

Any tips would be helpfull

Thanks in advance.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
First can you get notifications for facebook. I am a former iphone user and we could with it. Also with twitter can i get notifactions from just my friends

How do you update applications and when do you know when they need to be updated

I have a htc evo.

I seem to have 2 facebook apps on my phone as well

Any tips would be helpfull

Thanks in advance.

yes you can get facebook notifications....i dont use twitter but im assuming you can as well. and applications will either notify you of new updates or auto update themselves. theres an applications menu under settings that will show your apps and if theres updates available.

theres a facebook for htc sense..which i dont use so i cant help you there..i use the facebook from the market which does all i need.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, jdogsparky26.
Welcome to the forums -

All these features you mention are likely, or possible.

Please read this very informative info on your phone capabilities.

READ THIS.

(How do you update applications and when do you know when they need to be updated)
Answer > menu - settings - system updates - HTC software updates.

Enjoy your phone. :)

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
another option for app upgrades is to use appbrain...a bit nicer interface and will give you a widget for the screen for quick checks...so it's great