Receiving blank emails

priceswrite

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a new Evo Shift. For the first few days I received emails normally. Starting on Thursday, I started receiving blank emails. I can see who the email is from, when it was sent etc. But the body of the email is blank. My son, who has an Evo is experiencing the same problem but his has been happening off and on for a week or so. (He's had his Evo since Christmas.) We are using roadrunner for our mail server. I have deleted the email account and set it up again but it did not solve the problems. Any suggestions?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, priceswrite.
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your email problem.

*note*
(Additional post deleted by OP.)

Last edited:

priceswrite

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by the phone email client? I am using my regular email account on roadrunner and set it up using the Settings feature under the phone on my evo. I only have one email account.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by the phone email client? I am using my regular email account on roadrunner and set it up using the Settings feature under the phone on my evo. I only have one email account.
Poor choice of wording on my part. I see what you're talking about now. does this happen on the pc site as well? Normally, removing and re-adding the account usually solve most problems.

Note; Sometimes the problem could be with the sender, do this > Send an email to yourself to see what happen. This should give you some clarity on what to do next.

Let us know what happen.

priceswrite

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I just sent an email to myself. Shows up fine on my pc, but like all other emails, it is coming up as a blank email on my evo. Can't be the sender since every single email comes like this.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just sent an email to myself. Shows up fine on my pc, but like all other emails, it is coming up as a blank email on my evo. Can't be the sender since every single email comes like this.

A little more detail would be helpful.

-What email client are you using on the phone?

-How are you connecting to the Roadrunner service? POP? IMAP? EAS? etc...

-What have you tried to fix this? such as, I rebooted my phone, or Removed and Readded the account, I tried a different method of connecting like IMAP instead of POP.

If you're using POP mail, I would suggest you actually use Gmail to check your pop service. Enabling POP - Gmail Help

Voila. You get the following:
- Mail gets pushed to the phone. Potentially saves battery instead of polling.
- You get a web interface for your mail you can check anywhere.
- You can use the Gmail client on the phone, which I prefer

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a new Evo Shift. For the first few days I received emails normally. Starting on Thursday, I started receiving blank emails. I can see who the email is from, when it was sent etc. But the body of the email is blank. My son, who has an Evo is experiencing the same problem but his has been happening off and on for a week or so. (He's had his Evo since Christmas.) We are using roadrunner for our mail server. I have deleted the email account and set it up again but it did not solve the problems. Any suggestions?

You can try to clear the mail program out, you'll have to re-add your account but hopefully it gets the job done.

From the home screen, go to menu, settings, applications, manage applications, all, find the mail client, hit force stop, clear data, clear cache.

Re-launch the app, setup your account and hopefully it's all good.

Reactions: RUSH

priceswrite

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You can try to clear the mail program out, you'll have to re-add your account but hopefully it gets the job done.

From the home screen, go to menu, settings, applications, manage applications, all, find the mail client, hit force stop, clear data, clear cache.

Re-launch the app, setup your account and hopefully it's all good.
This worked great! I had to do it twice before the mail completely reset, but now my email works. Thanks so much!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This worked great! I had to do it twice before the mail completely reset, but now my email works. Thanks so much!
That's cool... now go and enjoy yourself, and forget all about your troubles. Lol.

Team work - each one teach one. I just love this forum.