Keyboard issue

rutibegga

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
So this morning my phone was working fine. I had been texting back and forth with people with no issues. I'd been using Swype and loving it.

At about noon, I pulled my phone out to send a text and noticed that my phone appeared to have reverted to the old stock keyboard. I checked my keyboard settings and Swype still existed, but there was no checkbox to select it as the default.

After resetting my phone, I decided to give up on making Swype work. I re-downloaded Ultra Keyboard for a quick fix in my need for swipe text entry. Even when this is set as the default, I'm still stuck with the old stick keyboard!

I pulled my battery, restarted my phone a few times, and at this point, I'm at a loss. I hadn't changed anything on my phone for a few days before this happened (I downloaded Worms a few days ago, but that was the last change. AFTER the keyboard issue, I checked for updates on my device AND on all my apps just in case...)

Any suggestions as to what's going on and what can be done to fix it? I really hate having to pick out letters to enter text. One-fingered swiping is a lazy person's dream!