Employee discounts

Armyntt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry this thread might be deleted because im not sure if this thread is allowed under Android Central rules. Im in the military (Army 12 years) and i called Sprint for my discount and found out there is other corporations that get better discounts than the military. Time Warner for instance gets 25% off the monthly bill. Does anyone know any of the company's discount codes. I just thought it was odd that the military cant get atleast on par with a Time Warner employee. ( I mean that with no disrespect to Time Warner employees). Thanks guys

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure but my company doesnt have a discount code. They send a confirmation to my company email address and I have to confirm by visiting a website linked in the email.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely no posting codes.... I have the utmost respect for all the US military sad that Sprint does not give you guys the highest possible discount. I wish there was more that could be done. I hope someone is able to help you out via a PM. I will leave this open as long as no forum rules are broken. Discussing this is fine posting codes is not.

Cool,
Dave

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
One good thing some Sprint stores do is find you a discount. It's very rare for someone to buy a phone at our store and not have some sort of discount on their account. I don't think BB or RS do this. Plus, if you start your account with us, we make sure and add it before starting. Instantly applied instead of the 2 to 3 billing cycles for it to appear if adding later.

Least you can do is throw $50 in a credit union and get 10%. We've sent plenty of people to the credit union behind the store to open an account before we get started.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My local store will tell you what the discount is. Also I work for a bank and get a 23% discount. PM if you want the name of the bank...no advertisements here.

You could also try the online chat with a customer service rep. They may be able to help you.

As far as I know there is no public link to a discount page with Sprint. That would all be proprietary and on contract basis (thus subject to change).

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I got a 25% discount with my company too... it is pretty much what got me to change to Sprint.

(glad I did too)

Armyntt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I just thought it was kinda bad that military gets less than like dollar general employees. Once again not knocking any employees that work there either. Thanks again everyone

Armyntt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, thanks for the help again all. Thought i would say what i did. This is not a code or anything but just what i did. So mods if this goes against forum rules i'll apologize to start. :) Well i just used an AIM/AOL account ive had for like 10 years. AOL merged with Time Warner years ago and anyways Time Warner employees get 25% off from sprint. So i went to Sprint.com and on the bottom left is a link to discounts. It asks for your work email and i said my aim account and voila they sent me a confirmation email giving me the 25% off. So all this is not to screw over a company but i felt its kinda odd the military gets 12% less than most other corporations and trust me the military has been very good to sprint. Thanks again all.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, thanks for the help again all. Thought i would say what i did. This is not a code or anything but just what i did. So mods if this goes against forum rules i'll apologize to start. :) Well i just used an AIM/AOL account ive had for like 10 years. AOL merged with Time Warner years ago and anyways Time Warner employees get 25% off from sprint. So i went to Sprint.com and on the bottom left is a link to discounts. It asks for your work email and i said my aim account and voila they sent me a confirmation email giving me the 25% off. So all this is not to screw over a company but i felt its kinda odd the military gets 12% less than most other corporations and trust me the military has been very good to sprint. Thanks again all.

hmm can we say fraudulant? military or not...that still isnt right. is that all you joined for was to expect to have everything cheap for you? it will be because of people like you that the discount program will get taken away or something.

geneva54

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

ya done good...........gotta play the game:cool:

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
can you stack discounts ? i get a discount thru my job and i am also a credit union member...just tryin to save money where i can

hollj00#AC

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
when i was on active duty army, i started my sprint account and didn't recieve a discount... now i work for the govt and only get 15%. better than nothing though

Armyntt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
hmm can we say fraudulant? military or not...that still isnt right. is that all you joined for was to expect to have everything cheap for you? it will be because of people like you that the discount program will get taken away or something.

Im sorry it is fraudulent but being in the military i dont have the $$ to throw around. I never said what i did was right either. I also did not join the military to get discounts. I do have a small sense of entitlement. Most people have no idea what the military goes through. Leaving our families behind for months and years. Yes i did volunteer for this so noone forced me here either i get that. Imagine this scenario though. Tomorrow your leaving for 16-18 months and you will not see your wife/kids/mother/xbox whatever you cherish for a year year an half. Then while your gone you realize you might not ever see or smell them again. So see now when i see how to get an additional 13% off i will do it. Is it wrong? Probably. I agree with you.

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
check sprintusers.com forum, someone posted a list of the current discounts, what you do with them is your business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy