Can't Play YouTube Videos?

m3rma1d

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
For a week or so, every time I try to play a video on YouTube (going thru either internet or firefox and then the YT player takes over) I get the black "loading" screen, then a "This video cannot be played" thingy.

Last night I tried to use the YouTube app, and vids were working on that.
So I used the app again today, watched a couple vids, went to watch a 3rd and bam--Didn't work anymore.

Why does YouTube hate my Evo now??? :'(

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't be mad - I'm going thru the same thing on mine. I'm getting great 4g signal so internet connection isn't the problem. This has been a vexatious problem for most EVO users. I'm not sure if other devices are having the same problem.

I think the app itself is causing this. Mine had gotten so bad the other day I had to reset my phone thinking a corrupt file was causing this.

For the time being until we get an update, or this matter is eradicated.... do this >> From the homescreen press menu - applications - manage applications - all - scroll down to YouTube and tap force stop, clear data, cache, and tap on uninstall updates.

Go into market tap menu - my apps and update YouTube.

Best of luck.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just went to Google feedback webpage and the problem isn't only with the Evo phones, but with others as well. We have to let Google be aware of this unacceptable behavior with the YouTube application on mobile. Below is a link to Google feedback page... Google is saying to clear cache, data, and unistall and reinstall the app. I've done that and the problem still persists.

Adobe flash player is needed to play these kind of videos - so make sure you're on the latest version. Also, you could tap on unistall updates and reinstalll the update to see if that could fix the problem.

Google

anon(45526)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same issue. I went to the market and there was an update for YouTube. I installed it yesterday and don't get the error message quite as much.

KEVIN MITNIK

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
i have same problem and allready did all the above without any positive result. So I believe is the app it self that creates that problem. I run it in a tablet with 4.4.2 android and doesn't play but in my phone (android 4.4) it works fine....maybe some bag or something inside the app

HemePatel

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Really frustrated with Google, guests visiting my place can play YouTube videos from iPhone or other Android devices to my TV but I can't through my Pixel 2 XL