Facebook profile pic not updating

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I use my facebook profile pic as my picture for my contact card, so that it appears in my text messaging and stuff. However the picture doesn't update when I change it. I have changed my profile pic maybe 3 times in the last month, yet it still shows the old one. I don't know how to fix it.

I have restarted my phone, and I have gone to my contact card in the "people' section and said to download the new profile pic, yet it just stalls and doesn't download anything.

Should I uninstall facebook? Or is there something I am not doing right?

Also there is a HTC Facebook for Sense, and a Facebook app itself. Is one interfering with the other one? Which one should I use, etc.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have always had to manually assign a pic for myself by clicking on the old one, and selecting a new photo.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I believe it has to do between the disconnect between the "Facebook" android app and the "Facebook for HTC Sense" that is on the EVO.

I run the Facebook app, but since I didn't configure the one for Sense, I don't even have the option to link people in my contacts to their Facebook page.

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Go to your contact info in your phone book hit edit press the pic and select Facebook and it will update

I did that, but it didn't work. Do I have to sign up with sense? I just hate when there are two separate apps for facebook. There should be an option just to use the facbeook app by android, gets too confusing with HTC Sense Facebook app.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
HTC Sense is only to sync contacts and if you want to use the friend stream widget. It has zero to do with the Facebook app.

gcastlecyclone

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I use my facebook profile pic as my picture for my contact card, so that it appears in my text messaging and stuff. However the picture doesn't update when I change it. I have changed my profile pic maybe 3 times in the last month, yet it still shows the old one. I don't know how to fix it.

still having this problem....tried the suggestions but no luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2