Here NOW!

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch to the EVO gave up my blackberry 9650 and the misses gave up the 8530. So far so good with this phone except for the battery but i been on it since 9am. The ms. has the white one and i have the black. Not thinking about rooting right now gotta get use to this thing. Just one question what is up with the QIK App tried using it but it wont connect and i signed up.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch to the EVO gave up my blackberry 9650 and the misses gave up the 8530. So far so good with this phone except for the battery but i been on it since 9am. The ms. has the white one and i have the black. Not thinking about rooting right now gotta get use to this thing. Just one question what is up with the QIK App tried using it but it wont connect and i signed up.

Check out this thread for battery life optimizations.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/18547-new-evo-battery-life-sticky-please-contribute.html

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Reading that now thanks. Now I'm trying to find out how to long out of friendstream and about this QIK any help would be great but I am still searching.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Reading that now thanks. Now I'm trying to find out how to long out of friendstream and about this QIK any help would be great but I am still searching.

Hit that good ole thanks button! ;) Enjoy your Evo, and welcome to Android Central.

As for QIK and Friendstream... What are your issues?

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well with QIK I have it setup on 2 evo's and it will not connect for video chat I also have Tango installed and that worked. As for friendsteam I want to close it.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Here read this.... http://forum.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/31622-getting-started-android-tips-tricks.html
Next, friends stream can be closed by sliding it off the screen. Long press hold and slide down. Voila. It's closed. I add Twitter instead. Tweet a lot. The sweet thing about Android is the personal customization. Don't you just love it. :)

As for video chat... yahoo instant messaging is the best way to go. Located in the android market.

Enjoy your phone.

Yahoo the best? Sorry can't agree with that, the quality is horrible and the program is very buggy. Even QIK is better.. But option of choice is "Tango" or "Fring" hands down the best ones we have currently. Most of the reviews confirm that Yahoo is super buggy. Which is expected, considering the video chat is still beta.

Last edited:
Reactions: firedroidguy

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
for friendstream just go to settings accounts sync...and deselect it. then just closet the widget. The os should close it for you. Hate that friendstream.

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
welcome to the great world of Evo 4G, as for the battery issue check to make sure you don't have stuff like Facebook, twitter and etc set up to update every half hour or hour. I have found as long as the Facebook notifications are sent to my email there is no need to have Facebook app check at all for updates.

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
welcome to the great world of Evo 4G, as for the battery issue check to make sure you don't have stuff like Facebook, twitter and etc set up to update every half hour or hour. I have found as long as the Facebook notifications are sent to my email there is no need to have Facebook app check at all for updates.

I did that turned them off I only use facebook. I don't have or use twiiter. also installed Juice Defender and as of yesterday my battery lasted form 6 am to 3 pm before i charged the phone.

mordbane

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you want to squeeze the most out of your battery, you might want to consider rooting to have access to underclocking and optimized kernels/ROMs. With light to moderate use you can get up to 16 - 20 hours. With heavy use, about 8 hours is all you're going to get. But only root if you are comfortable with the possibility of bricking your phone (which is rare). If you go in with that assumption, there's nothing to be worried about, right?

mordbane

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, custom ROM with underclocking. But it depends on your definition of "heavy use". Non-stop texting, surfing, and streaming music, yes. Playing Dungeon Defenders, no.

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks people for the info not thinking about rooting yet just trying to play with different settings and see what I get. Not much of a phone talker not too heavy with the text messages (so I think). I use the gps when I'm at work being that my work truck was broken into while on a job but I do turn off the gps location when not in use. Gonna install ultimate defender and see how that goes.