Are you kidding me!?!?!?

fwarchol

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just bought my EVO over the weekend coming from the Pre. Why on god's green earth did I ever hold out?? WHAT A PHENOMENAL DEVICE!!!

Absolutely love it!! And I must say, the people of this forum are so much friendlier than on PreCentral!

Thanks for helping to make my decision easier!

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my EVO over the weekend coming from the Pre. Why on god's green earth did I ever hold out?? WHAT A PHENOMENAL DEVICE!!!

Absolutely love it!! And I must say, the people of this forum are so much friendlier than on PreCentral!

Welcome. This is a great forum and lot of knowledge is contained here. Read read read to get the most out of your Evo. Have fun!

One_Deep

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the users on precentral are nice but just got tired of waiting.. including myself.. i miss the cards and notification bar but in terms of apps android wins by a landslide :) welcome

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I felt the same way brother.... be it I got the EVO on release day. Just wait... like bassmanux said Read, read and then read some more.

You've only just started to scratch the surface.....

Android is going to blow you away!!!!!

Oh and yes the Android Central community is a bit more responsive and a whole lot more open to sharing then the PreCentral crew.

Welcome to the Revolution!!!

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the users on precentral are nice but just got tired of waiting.. including myself.. i miss the cards and notification bar but in terms of apps android wins by a landslide :) welcome

I missed the cards system and the way notifications are handled in webOS, very slick.

But i have to beg to differ on a good portion of the PreCentral community.

I was one of those 30 somethings that waited in line on release day for my Pre. Even had a couple of pics posted to the front page of the lines and how the store I was in was setup for the big day.

For the first couple of months PC was great, everyone learning and sharing info like crazy. Then Verizon released their version of the Pre.... and thats when I started seeing the fangs come out.

It started to seem like a good portion of the Sprint Pre guys that have been there form the beginning started to turn on the noobs coming in to the forums.

I know... I know... search, search, search.... but what some of them seemed to forget or not realize is that for some people the Pre was their first smartphone and/or their first time using a forum.

I always try to remember that everyone was a noob at one time..... that always seemed to be on the back burner over there.

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the site and congrats on owning a great device. I love my Evo and don't know what I would do if I couldn't have it anymore.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Swiping to exit an app is definitely missed but HP/Palm just took too long to bring a better device to market. I have a feeling that their event on the 9th is going to just reaffirm that. Android is just light years ahead of them. I would also add that WebOS had better notifications, but thats not going to keep people from jumping ship eventually.

bennyandthesets#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I missed the cards but got "itching thumbs" and that helps. I still miss the notifications but the hardware and apps on android out weigh that. And yes, the forms here fo seem nicer.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
From a day1 Pre owner, welcome to the EVOlution! WebOS was nice but the Pre was an epic fail in the HW department, and still is today (Pre2). It'll be interesting to see if HP can do something with it that Palm couldn't. In the meanwhile, Google/Android is stealing the show with a superior OS while the HW just keeps on coming. The EVO is awesome and with dual core devices on the horizon, it's only gonna get better from here. If you were a PreWare user, then you'll want to root your phone ASAP and load up some custom ROM goodness. Rooting will make your device everything you want it to be, just like PreWare did for the Pre. Have fun and welcome to AC!

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i have never been to Pre Central.. but man.. do they have a bad wrap. all i hear is how they are so angry.

but can you blame them???
they feel obligated to stick to a sinking ship... and but can not admit it. My bro.. loves he Pre.. and he will not let it go.. had it since launch.

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
WebOS was nice but the Pre was an epic fail in the HW department, and still is today (Pre2).

Totally Agree. I got My pre on it's launch on Sprint, and loved it for 3 months, then It started to fail me. Sure I got free replacements, but those were all refurbished, and continued to malfunction, till i finally threw in the towel and got my EVO in June.

I do kind of miss the card. I don't really care to much about the different notification styles, WebOS style was cool, but I still get notified with android. What I miss most though is the touchstone, I know it's not a big deal, but that thing was cool!

What I don't miss at all is having to wait a whole minute just to loaad my calendar or send a text message!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't miss the laggy Pre email, every time I had a long conversation going. That was really annoying.

Sent from my eVo

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Funny, cuz my wife still has her PRE (she's on her 4th replacement now) and she always asks me to look up stuff for her. When she opens Google Maps, it takes like 3-4min just to get to the freak'n map! I just do a voice map search and bang it pops up in 20 seconds! She loves my EVO... so do I!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to get mine back out, one day to answer a question for my son, it felt like a toy, after using the Evo for a few weeks.

Sent from my eVo

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was married to Palm pre awhile back, got a divorce and have a restraining order against it. My Palm pre isn't suppose to come within a 100 feet of me.
laughing_cow-155.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power