Android contacts deleted by Google sync

hthomas

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm fed up with Google sync. For months contacts that I entered in my Android EVO 4G have been disappearing. I finally spent some time testing and realized that when enter a new contact in my phone at some point it gets wiped out. If I enter the contact online into Google contacts it puts it into my phone fine. The other way just doesn't work. I've searched online and see others have had this problem but I haven't seen a fix for it. So, anyone have a recommendation for a fix? If not, what's the best way to stop using Google sync and begin syncing with Outlook? Thanks for any suggestions!

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm fed up with Google sync. For months contacts that I entered in my Android EVO 4G have been disappearing. I finally spent some time testing and realized that when enter a new contact in my phone at some point it gets wiped out. If I enter the contact online into Google contacts it puts it into my phone fine. The other way just doesn't work. I've searched online and see others have had this problem but I haven't seen a fix for it. So, anyone have a recommendation for a fix? If not, what's the best way to stop using Google sync and begin syncing with Outlook? Thanks for any suggestions!

I don't have the issues you do.

There are three ways that come to the top of my head for syncing contacts:
(1) EAS, need an Exchange server with EAS enabled
(2) Google
(3) off-line cable based sync (ew) using HTC Sync and Outlook (really? ew....:mad::p)

When I save the contact, I make sure I save it to the Google account. I have no issues with new contacts or modified contacts and contact sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke