Former Pre Owner Backup on EVO

packpackpack

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I have been with an EVO for about 3 weeks now. Love it. Came from a Pre so of course my biggest concern right now is backup. Palm had the Palm profile backup which included apps, contacts, etc...Does HTC offer this same service? If so, is it built into the phone? I can't seem to find it. I know that I could go with a third party backup solution but thought maybe HTC had one built in.

Thanks!

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
There is not a built in back up app for all the info on your phone. With google, your contacts are backed up and would re-sync when you signed back into your google account. The same thing happens with your apps, but only the ones you paid for. Those will appear in the market under purchased apps, basically forever. You would have to re-download any free apps. There are several backup options on the market that will provide a way to backup the entire device.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I have been with an EVO for about 3 weeks now. Love it. Came from a Pre so of course my biggest concern right now is backup. Palm had the Palm profile backup which included apps, contacts, etc...Does HTC offer this same service? If so, is it built into the phone? I can't seem to find it. I know that I could go with a third party backup solution but thought maybe HTC had one built in.

Thanks!

First.... welcome to Android Central and the EVO!!!!! You love both......

Like drjb74 mentioned above... there is no native back up solution "on" the EVO but there are plenty of options in the market.

Your Google account will handle your contact needs... just remember to always sync new numbers to your account and not the phone. And like mentioned above the market will take care of all of your "paid" apps.

You should also download and install AppBrain from the market. With of you can backup all of your apps, both paid and free.

Once you get comfortable with Android look in to rooting. It'll open up things like Nandroid Backup, Titanium Backup and Backup for Root. But that's for another thread.

Hope that gives you a good start.

Reactions: packpackpack

delao13

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Pre also. Just go ahead an root using unrevoked3 and don't look back. Then you can do full backups to your SDcard using nandroidbackup.

The only thing I still miss is swiping between open cards. REALLY miss that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles