display not showing

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I put my evo in my pants pocket and go do something or other. Then I get ready for a shower. I pull off my pants & step on my pocket. Wouldn't you know it the dang phone is faced up. I have an otterbox on it but it doesn't protect the display. The phone still boots up. I can hear the bootup sound file. The alarm even still works. I've pulled the battery several times. There are no physical appearance of damage. Since my phone is rooted the warranty is voided. Any ideas?

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try calling it from another line. I did that once when the screen accidentally got shut off completely. Then, while still on the call, hit the home button then go into settings for display to adjust your brightness back up so you can see it.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would do that but I can't. I've put my blackberry on that number. Is there a way I can adjust the brightness using adb commands?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
. Since my phone is rooted the warranty is voided. Any ideas?
Get it unrooted and take it in for repairs... Sprint will replace the device for you. Don't worry about it being rooted... as long as their isn't any physical damage to the phone cause by you.

Good luck.