Incredibly slow when connected to BT in new Kia

Dusty

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a new 2011 Kia Optima this morning and paired my EVO to the factory BT. I noticed that when it is connected, its is super slow... taking forever to open mail, sending a text gets me a 'general sms error', tried to open the gallery to send a picture and it said no pictures or video available. However, making and receiving calls are no problem.

I turned the phone off and restarted it, same thing. Pulled the battery and that didn't help either. Just does not make any sense.

Dusty

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Talked to Kia customer care this morning. Even though the EVO has not been tested by Kia to be a compatible phone, the rep I spoke to is an Android freak(has a rooted EVO himself) so he was all about helping out. After describing the issue he said to delete my call history, try again and he would guarantee it would work just fine. Mister Kia care rep was right and all is good now.

rlmrph

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Dusty,
I just picked up a 2011 Optima Hybrid with nav. The EVO 4G pairs and performs OK, but I can't get the contacts to sync to the phone book. Did you have any luck with this? Worse yet, there doesn't appear to be any way to manually add phone book entries without the sync.

Richard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463