My Evo touch screen gets a little wonky sometimes, so Sprint sent me a replacement phone today. So I need to back everything up and restore it to the new phone.

I already have all of my calendar and contact info ... what I need is my data from some of the other apps. I took a look at Appkik, but I can't figure out what it really does. Looks like it copies "some" apps to the SD card ... but what does it do to the data from other apps.

So ... IS there a way to back everything up, similar to what happens when one backs up all of one's data files on a PC before reformatting one's hard drive. (You know what I mean)

Thanks so much!
    02-14-2011 11:07 PM
    You should be able to temporarily root with z4root and backup with Titanium Backup.

I don't know if you will need the "Pro" version to do what you are doing, but you should be able to see which one suits your needs.
    02-15-2011 07:18 AM
    My Evo touch screen gets a little wonky sometimes, so Sprint sent me a replacement phone today. So I need to back everything up and restore it to the new phone.

I already have all of my calendar and contact info ... what I need is my data from some of the other apps. I took a look at Appkik, but I can't figure out what it really does. Looks like it copies "some" apps to the SD card ... but what does it do to the data from other apps.

So ... IS there a way to back everything up, similar to what happens when one backs up all of one's data files on a PC before reformatting one's hard drive. (You know what I mean)

Thanks so much!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

As far as I know I believe the app my backup may do this. I use titanium backup pro and love it. I am rooted and change my rom on a daily basis pretty much.
    02-15-2011 03:50 PM
    Hmmmm, I'm a bit nervous about rooting this and then sending it back. Well, actually I'm nervous about rooting at all -- I keep running into stories of "bricked" units.

Is it possible to transfer all app data to the SD card w/o rooting?

Thanks!
    02-15-2011 06:43 PM
    Transfer them to the SD without rooting? No, but you can use appbrain to reinstall your apps on the new phone through the cloud.

Bricking an evo is actually pretty hard these days. But its not for everyone, and if your not comfortable with it, why do it?
    02-15-2011 06:55 PM