POP email deleted from server

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
When I delete POP email msgs from my EVO (stock email app) by emptying the trash, they are also being deleted from the email server. This seems to be relatively new behavior and to call it undesirable is an understatement. Near as I can tell, there are no applicable settings in the app itself. I like the stock app - I've tried K-9 and don't care for it all that much.

Dave

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's a relatively new thing happening - In order for me to clear trash forever I would have to go on the PC site to have it done.

I don't care for any other email app except (stock). Until you find a way around this - you might want to only delete the ones you don't really need.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
When your in the Mail app, go to menu - settings - send and receive - make sure that the box for delete mail from server is unchecked.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
When your in the Mail app, go to menu - settings - send and receive - make sure that the box for delete mail from server is unchecked.

It is and always has been. I've tried toggling it, too. On or off doesn't make a difference.

Thanks,
Dave

sandiiii

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem, deleting email off of the HTC Evo 4g deletes the email permanently off the server which is a crisis for me since they are business emails.

This problem occured before an update that the phone did about a month ago and is occuring still this date. We need an update to correct this glitch.

Yes, the receive settings have "delete mail from server" un checked. Yet the issue still persists and is more than annoying.

Veterans Hockey

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I have found the answer! I have had this problem ever since switching from Blackberry a long time ago. Seems like mail sits on your phone forever, taking up space for fear of the messages being deleted from your server. I tested this and it works for me:

DO NOT DELETE THE EMAILS FROM YOUR PHONE'S INBOX OR TRASH!!! ESPECIALLY DO NOT MOVE THEM TO YOUR TRASH IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM!!

Leave them there (inbox) temporarily. When you have the chance, log in to your email from your pc or laptop. MOVE the emails you want to keep to the appropriate folder/subfolder (Clients, Marketing, etc). After you have MOVED the messages to a folder other than the INBOX or TRASH on your computer, check your PHONE email (and "refresh" if necessary). As soon as it syncs, those messages are no longer on your phone, but are safely stored on your server (pc/laptop).

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I have this problem also on my Orig EVO4G. The way I fixed the problem is I went to my email account via webmail on my pc. There under options you will find a setting that says "Keep a copy of messages on server" if you check this the server will keep a copy for as long as you like even if you delete them from the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol