Blackberry to Evo

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,
Hense the title, I'm going to an Evo from a BB Curve 8530 in two weeks. I already know the basics of Android and rooting (on the BB side). Are there any tip/tricks and do's/dont's with the Evo that would enhance my experience? I don't have 4g in my area (plan on turning that off as soon as I get the thing) and already plan on getting an Otterbox Defender case.

Thanks

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, clytle.
Happy to have you on board.

Click on the "tips & tricks" link in my signature for assistance in learning more about android phones capabilities.

The evo is an awesome phone... and the 4g speed is unbelievable. I wish you were able to experience it though.

Enjoy.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
First thing is don't use a task manager app, the Evo's software is advanced enough to handle it on it's own.

Secondly I'd say, enjoy getting used to the app eco-system, there's a ton of things you can do.

I wouldn't worry about rooting just yet, but when you do, check out the hacks forum :)

Also if you search you'll find a handful of threads about BB to Evo converters and see how they went about things.

Welcome to AC!

Minx

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
It has a very bad battery life. Get a car charger or an extra battery. Some people are able to get a whole day out of their baby, there are tips out there about this, but I get about half a day or less.

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, clytle.
Happy to have you on board.

Click on the "tips & tricks" link in my signature for assistance in learning more about android phones capabilities.

The evo is an awesome phone... and the 4g speed is unbelievable. I wish you were able to experience it though.

Enjoy.

I wish i could also. closest 4g to me is Overland Park.

First thing is don't use a task manager app, the Evo's software is advanced enough to handle it on it's own.

Secondly I'd say, enjoy getting used to the app eco-system, there's a ton of things you can do.

I wouldn't worry about rooting just yet, but when you do, check out the hacks forum :)

Also if you search you'll find a handful of threads about BB to Evo converters and see how they went about things.

Welcome to AC!

I've read about the task manager apps. my boss has a droid x and uses something like task killer or something.

It has a very bad battery life. Get a car charger or an extra battery. Some people are able to get a whole day out of their baby, there are tips out there about this, but I get about half a day or less.

Ive heard about the horrible battery life. I'm going to be very careful when i buy the phone that I'm getting H/W version 004. Ppl have said it has a much better battery life. But if the battery life is as bad as i hear, then im going to have to buy an extra wall charger as well, as I work in what could be compared to a concrete bunker lol. It eats signal from every cell phone.

congrats! now the fun starts!

Im actually very excited to dive right in :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol