It's Here!!!

iClowNz

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Got my Evo 4g during the week. I've been getting apps and figuring out the basics. Now I want to root and change themes. Any favorites?

P.S.- This phone is awesome

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I read that n a little more about it on the forums. Thanks
In that case.... There are a few threads here on the forum, and on YouTube that could assist you in modifying your phone. Read carefully and follow instructions.

Ps. There are always members here willing to give their time to help you if you ever run into any problems.

Best of luck.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If you're all up to speed on root and you're ready to start moding your phone the I recommended hitting to XDA EVO Development thread. There you will find all the custom ROMs for the EVO. What you will come to recognize after loading up a few ROMs is that they are all very similar but heavily themed to the developer's tastes. Primary differences between the ROMs are Sense ROMs, AOSP ROMs and Gingerbread ROMs. Of these three types there are lots of variations to chose from. Have fun! I'll post a link in a bit.

Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=653

Last edited:

iClowNz

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe it, I get to the last step n now I'm stuck. I have to power on my phone and type "adb reboot bootloader " to apply an update and reboot in Sprint Lovers. Thing is, I powered on my Evo n it's stuck at the htc EVO 4G white screen. Any help?

Edit: Nvm, it's suppose to be like that :p

Last edited:

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
sooo........ whats the update? did you get it done? flash a new ROM yet?

how do you like it?

try Myn's Warm RLS5, it is great!

iClowNz

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I got it to work. Sorry, as soon as I got it done, had to go out.

It came with Sprint Lovers, which isn't bad. I'm now looking at a different ROM to flash. I'll check that one out.

Question, do themes go with certain roms?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante