T mobile commercials showing facebook app playing video?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So in watching NBA all-star coverage I keep seeing them showing devices playing video on the facebook app. The current version doesn't play video, correct? Or am I missing a way of browsing uploaded video?

If the app doesn't have this feature yet, I guess this would be a great indicator of an update coming soon???

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If the app doesn't have this feature yet, I guess this would be a great indicator of an update coming soon???
The only videos played are links to YouTube videos.
I would love if that becomes a realty. :)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ditto. Any videos added directly to Facebook just give me an error when I try to play them. Kindof annoying that the Facebook app won't play Facebook videos. I keep hoping for another update the addresses this issue.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I think I recall that Facebook did this in the past...before releasing the update that changed the front notifications page. Crossing fingers!

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The video function for Facebook has actually been there for a while. The problem is that it uses the phone's default player to try to play them, rather than something that's built-in to the FB app... and somehow, the videos uploaded to FB doesn't work with the video player on the Evo, so you'd just get an error message when you tried it.

What you can do is to install another video player that supports more formats, such a Rock Player, and then when you try to open a video from the FB app, choose that player and set it as the default, then you'll be able to view FB videos directly "from the app."