04-10-2011 07:27 PM
32 12
tools
    That makes no sense and would defeat the whole purpose of a cloud-based system. If you're only going to stream while on wi-fi, then why not just use your PC with big speakers? The issue with unacceptable power drain is when we change the proxies, not using the app.
    04-08-2011 08:13 AM
    I know it defeats the purpose but it is a good test to see who is at fault for the increase it battery usage. Is it the system because of the proxy change or is it the Amazon app because it can now connect reliably? So far I am thinking its the latter, and hopefully Amazon will refine its application.

How much have you uploaded to Amazon's cloud storage?
    04-08-2011 08:47 AM
    I don't know about the others, but I wasn't using the Amazon app at all yesterday while it guzzled down the juice. Also, setting it to only use wi-fi doesn't test the proxy issue as a cause of battery drain. What would need to be done is to change the proxies and use a phone without the app being installed or used in the first place.
    04-08-2011 08:59 AM
    If I am rooted, can I call Sprint and have them fix this issue? Or do I need to flash another ROM?
    04-09-2011 07:12 AM
    Call Sprint tech support directly. 1-877-507-4287

They will make you turn the phone off, and when they tell you to turn it back on, they tell you to go and update profile and it will confirm a update after finished and the problem is gone. Give them that HTC EVO 4G A9292 UPDATE 2-1-2011 code and they know exactly what your talking about. CS cannot help with this, has to be tech support. Basically they push a profile update to your device with the correct values.
    04-09-2011 12:47 PM
    Call Sprint tech support directly. 1-877-507-4287

They will make you turn the phone off, and when they tell you to turn it back on, they tell you to go and update profile and it will confirm a update after finished and the problem is gone. Give them that HTC EVO 4G A9292 UPDATE 2-1-2011 code and they know exactly what your talking about. CS cannot help with this, has to be tech support. Basically they push a profile update to your device with the correct values.
    Weird cuz I told tech and more people and they didn't know. Mostly what happens when I try and call sprint lol i've been through 4 airaves and gave up on having signal in my apt

Sent from my evo on tapatalk
    04-10-2011 02:18 AM
    Weird cuz I told tech and more people and they didn't know. Mostly what happens when I try and call sprint lol i've been through 4 airaves and gave up on having signal in my apt

Sent from my evo on tapatalk
    Have you called that number? Having 4 airwaves is irrelevant to this topic. It only took one call to that number for me and he knew exactly. Be polite and give them that code.
    04-10-2011 07:27 PM
32 12