Amazon mp3 App

ladonne73

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I purchased and downloaded music using the Amazon mp3 app for the first time on my HTC Evo. It went through, but now it keeps giving me a network error and asking me to connect to wifi (which I'm already connected to). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure it's probably something that I'm overlooking...I can be a dummy when it comes to stuff like this.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I purchased and downloaded music using the Amazon mp3 app for the first time on my HTC Evo. It went through, but now it keeps giving me a network error and asking me to connect to wifi (which I'm already connected to). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure it's probably something that I'm overlooking...I can be a dummy when it comes to stuff like this.

uncertain as to the real reason--never having had this happen to me.
"it went through"--your music has been downloaded successfully?--and now you're just trying to use the app like normal?
just as an option, have you tried clearing the cache/data of the Amazon mp3 app and seeing if that works?--basically you'd be telling the app to boot fresh and having to re-establish connections with whatever connection is available at that time (ie your 3g/4g/wifi) instead of the app thinking relying on outdated info cached in itself reporting that no wifi connection is available.

i know it sounds too simple to work, but it's fixed most of my problems with apps in the past

(menu>settings>applications>manage applications>Downloaded Tab>Amazon MP3>Clear Data)

Last edited:

Jamesmckeephx

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Iam having the same network error. I don't think it should have to do that adavnced stuff just so it works. Kinda sucks,

Sent from my evo on tapatalk

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Iam having the same network error. I don't think it should have to do that adavnced stuff just so it works. Kinda sucks,

Sounds like an issue with your wifi or might even be that Amazon is down. Have you tried downloading without wifi with your 4G connection? Might work for you. I wouldn't clear the data or cache just yet cause you may loose the download que.

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have an Evo or Evo Shift and have trouble using the Amazon MP3 Cloud Player it's the same old streaming/3g evo fix (Fix) Downloads for Music apps and faster 3G - xda-developers

Was getting the network error as well. Last night I applied the fix in the link provided and now it works perfectly. You can also call Sprint and they will send a fix to your phone for the issue, so it doesnt need to be too advanced.

Apparently sprint borked streaming in the last update and they will be fixing this in the next update....

pdxjayhawk#AC

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So call sprint or follow the link?

Should be able to do either. I was having the "network error" message as well and googled it.

Found the fix posted on an Amazon discussion board.

Call Sprint Technical Support (1-888-211-4727) and ask the rep to apply the work around listed as 'HTC EVO 4G (A9292) - UPDATED 2-1-2011:

They'll know what you're talking about and will push the fix to you over the air.

Jamesmckeephx

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried calling sprint and sat on the phone forever. They said they never heard of the update. Guess I'll try the link

Jamesmckeephx

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
ok so i tried the xda thing and seemed to work. butttt it was KILLING my battery. so i went back to the old setting. kinda sucks. does anyone know if this is the right stuff to put?

8085 for the proxy and the address
pd.vog.sprintpcs.com

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
ok so i tried the xda thing and seemed to work. butttt it was KILLING my battery. so i went back to the old setting. kinda sucks. does anyone know if this is the right stuff to put?

8085 for the proxy and the address
pd.vog.sprintpcs.com

Yes, if you are going back to the original settings.

smr260

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint and they sent an update to my phone. I was on with them for about fifteen minutes and I had to use the land line while they did it, but it worked.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I did the work around but it didn't work for me. I can only stream Amazon via 4G. But it doesn't matter I get pretty decent 4G in Queens.

Jamesmckeephx

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Still no 4g in phx so iam outta luck. Guess I can try and call sprint again. What exactly did you tell them in those 15 mins lol

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Iam guessing so it made my speeds way faster. But I literally watched my battery deplete in front of me. I might have just been unlucky though
I called Sprint yesterday about this and they wanted me to run all the software updates first. My office is in a lousy spot where reception is terrible and data beyond text typically gags. Since I wasn't getting the downloads, I scheduled a call back for 7:30 pm at home. She never called. :mad:

Fed up and unable to get my MLS, I got crazy and rooted with UnrEVOked3 and changed the proxy settings as listed. After 3-4 hours off the charger while I slept, it was at 87% battery, typical drainage for standby on wi-fi either here or at my g/f's.

Well, I took a fully charged phone off the line at work and now, only FOUR HOURS later, it's at 14%!!!:eek: Not. Good. I'm going to switch it back because it doesn't matter if streams don't stall if the phone is dead from not being on line power. Even at the very beginning when I was only getting 5 hours on a charge did this crap out that quickly and this is far from the 12-15 hours I can typically get.

Question, though, is can I call Sprint and get whatever this fix is pushed to me now that I'm rooted or am I screwed unless I unroot and thus make my $6 investment in Titanium Backup Pro thrown-away money? Having serious regrets now. :(

EDIT: I just changed the proxy numbers back. Is there anything else I need to do? Do I have to delete my profile and let the PRL update after a reboot or what?

Last edited: