Evo Will Not Boot Up!! AT ALL!!

blutuu

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to turn my Evo on but I can't. It worked fine yesterday but the problem started this morning.

I plugged my phone to a charger and attached the charger to a usb extender.
(I have done this before and had a similar problem, but eventually got it to work).
So far I haven't been able to get my phone to turn on for 2 seconds.

Here is what I do:
I plug the charger into the Evo and hold the power button (shouldn't have to hold it) and the first boot screen shows up (phone vibrates and all) and after about 1 second, it immediately shuts back off.

I tried doing the "hold down the volume button" and junk, but the same thing happens. I hope it's just the battery and buying a new one will fix it. Besides that does anyone know for sure what it could be?

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
sounds like you have a battery issue...

it maybe dead.. or way to low to charge.

i have read that if the battery falls below a threshold.. it will not charge the battery.. (they say it is a safety feature).

take it into sprint.. they will give you a new battery.

PS.. if this problem has showed up before.. when you do this...
why the hell would you do it again????

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had this happen, battery got drained and had to charge it for a day to get it to start - even with it plugged in, and even with it plugged in and the battery removed.

blutuu

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I figured it wasn't a big deal to plug it back in, but I guess it was.

Yep...that's the battery. What color is the LED when it's plugged in?

Uh the phone has been off for about a day (on the charger mind you) and there is no LED or any kind of signal of power.

I tried turning it on a few minutes ago and it came on for about 2 seconds this time, but it only does that once every time I plug the charger into the phone. If I wanna try it again I have to remove it and repeat.

I ordered a new battery and it'll be here today. Hopefully that will fix my problem. Thanks for the replies.

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
you do know that it is still under warranty.. 1 yr from purchase. sprint will replace it .. free at a service center.