HTC Keyboard Slow Down

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I seem to get random slow keyboard responses from my phone, even after restarts, and hard resets. i'm on a stock rooted rom and was wondering if anyone else experiences this problem?

is there a fix to it?

is there another rom i can flash that uses the htc keyboard but doesn't have this slow down?

corynat

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, can't say I have seen that on mine. Sounds like something might be nailing the cpu for a sec. Did it do it out of the box before you loaded up apps?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I seem to get random slow keyboard responses from my phone, even after restarts, and hard resets. i'm on a stock rooted rom and was wondering if anyone else experiences this problem?

is there a fix to it?

is there another rom i can flash that uses the htc keyboard but doesn't have this slow down?

Which Rom are you using?

jesusprice

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I understand the way I fixed the problem was by using the gingerbread keyboard.
For some reason the sense keyboard would be painfully slow

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had occasional freezes on both the stock and gingerbread keyboards. I've yet to find a solution for it.

Ps. I'm hoping the gingerbread update which includes the "official" gingerbread keyboard will fix this problem. :)

mebirkle

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine has started doing this as well. I'm running rooted warm two point two. Haptic is enabled. The phone just goes to lunch sometimes and I can't dial or even answer calls.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not running any rom, and I'm not rooted, but I am experience this also.

I'll pull up a text message, and attempt to reply hitting 5 to 6 keys and it pauses on the first (the first time I thought it was frozen), and then it catches up but without auto-correct.

This happens once out of every 10 times I use the keyboard (seems to happen most when using the search feature from the homescreen.)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the haptic feedback enabled? What about keyboard sounds? These could slow down your keyboard.
Even with these features off.. it happens quite frequently - especially when typing for a long period of time. It's happening now typing this message.
Happens to me too...stock and unrooted.
This doesn't seem to happen to one, two, or three phones - this seem to be a software, and or phone keyboard problem.(IMO)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Even with these features off.. it happens quite frequently - especially when typing for a long period of time. It's happening now typing this message.

This doesn't seem to happen to one, two, or three phones - this seem to be a software, and or phone keyboard problem.(IMO)

I had a similar problem when I owned the EVO after the Froyo update. On Eclair, the keyboard was fine.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have sounds turned off, and haptic feedback is always disabled. Even after hard resets this continues to be an issue.

I want to point out I'm using the stock HTC keyboard.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have sounds turned off, and haptic feedback is always disabled. Even after hard resets this continues to be an issue.

I want to point out I'm using the stock HTC keyboard.
Do what I did... contact HTC and complain about this vexatious problem. They might do something about it - if the complaints were made from several customers.

bravesfan007

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I am glad to see I am not the only one with these issues. I've only been experiencing these issues for probably the past month though. Before that it was fine.

EVO-lutionary

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
[ROM] Myn?s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 5 - 01/07/2011] - More Than Meets The Eye! - xda-developers is in my personal opinion the *best* Sense-Rom out there. There is a slightly newer version of it out which runs Sense 2.0 but that one is having issues since it's just released. Not everything is working yet on it, but on the one above everything does. It comes with a skinned version of the famous(and best) HTC IME Keyboard as well. My advice it to get Titanium Backup, SMS Backup and Restore, and use them both then make a NANDROID backup of your entire phone. Then go ahead and install this ROM(after compelete system wipe) and have a go. Don't forget to get the latest radio too which is linked directly below this one. Also if I may suggest update your Kernal to Netarchy(or another) kernal as this will increase battery life and performance. There are links to this and several other kernals further down on the page including many customizations... tho I do suggest you skip the transparent status bar it doesn't work as well as you think and kind of looks bad. Just remember that you can always go back to exactly where you are now with your Nandroid backup so play around! If you decide to keep the rom and you set it up nice and pretty, don't forget to NANDROID that as well so you can continue to play around without fear.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't happen to me too often but I've given up trying to figure out why, it usually sorts itself out and it doesn't happen often enough to annoy me personally.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol