sirius app "checking for updates"

billgio

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
About a week ago my Sirius app started getting stuck during the "checking for updates" part of the start up after I login.

And yes I already did the MSL proxy fix a couple months ago after the last firmware update. It was working fine until just recently.

Anyone else have the same issue?

zanda61

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem

I don't have an answer to the problem, but I'm having the same issue. I just noticed it today 3-18-11. I also completed the 3g streaming fix long ago and the app has worked fine for the most part. If anyone has an idea I'm all eyes.

billgio

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I got mine to work again. I made a nand backup with clockwork recovery. After flashing a few older backups, I restored the newest backup and the Sirius app started working again. I am not sure why that worked because the app was messed up when I backed it up. Good luck!

zanda61

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey Bill. I was able to get mine going again by turning it off and then restarting. Thanks for helping out. I really love this forum.

boyevil

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
well this is certainly no "fix". but for me it's less annoying than restarting. I just go to the market, uninstall and reinstall.