Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

maxwell_steuer

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Every once in a while I get a popup message on my android 2.2 evo 4g phone "android.process.acore" has stopped unexpectedly. I've done some research and it looks like its an issue with contact synchronization, but i'm not sure how to fix it.

Last night i spent about an hour linking all of my contacts to their facebook accounts on my phone. If it gave me the option to link their google account also, I did that too. Am I doing something wrong here thats causing that error message?

NEW ANDROID USER HERE, so I'm not too sure what to do.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The answer is right in front of you, you're just dreading the thought of having to go back and undo what you spent an hour doing. LOL.

You probably have some Facebook links that are troublesome. The fun part is finding them. Did you back-up your contact list before making all the changes? If you did, then you can revert back to the old version. (Open contacts then Menu / Import Export / Export to SD Card. )

maxwell_steuer

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have all of my contacts backed up on a csv file. I will delete all gmail contacts, then import the csv file which will link to my phone contacts. Problem is, I wanted to link to the Facebook accounts so I had all the additional information for each contact (picture, birthday, alternate emails, etc.) that facebook synching provides.

Any other suggestions on that?

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Before trying anything else, try pulling the battery for a minute and then restart the phone. It may or may not work but, it's worth the few minutes it'll take.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same/similar problem happening to me. An error would just popped up unexpected in the middle doing something .. and the application would then closed itself. .(weird)

I'm still looking for an answer to this problem.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same/similar problem happening to me. An error would just popped up unexpected in the middle doing something .. and the application would then closed itself. .(weird)

I'm still looking for an answer to this problem.

Have you looked at the log (alogcat in the app catalog) to see if there is a common action prior to each of the crashes?

rotorrocket

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I get the error when I sign-in my twitter account thru HTC Sense Friendstream. Once I remove the account from Friendstream, the error disappears.

Seth Witte

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Its probably Facebook or Twitter, for me it was Facebook. I just deleted it and reinstalled, without having the backround push (to update FB crap). No issues.

Roger Rister

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Exhibit 2. I get all kinds of messages of apps not working. One message I get is: android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. I tried to restore factory default settings to no avail. I tried to uninstall and reinstall apps. I tried to do as one person stated, Apps, Media Storage, disable, enable, restart. It would not let me disable. Any help in layman's terms appreciated. I'm not real tech savvy.
Thank You,
Roger
:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol