HELP! just rooted, flashed rom, lost contacts

carini2k1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i used titanium backup as directed. restored all my apps, music, etc. but dont have my contacts! is there anyway to go back to the stock rom and get my contacts back?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
You can restore your nandroid backup of your old ROM, provided you did a nadroid backup before flashing the new ROM. Boot into recovery and select the option for nandroid restore (again, if you did a nandroid backup prior to loading the new ROM). If you do have a backup of your original ROM, make sure to nandroid backup the ROM you are on now, so you can restore back to where you are now.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
i used titanium backup as directed. restored all my apps, music, etc. but dont have my contacts! is there anyway to go back to the stock rom and get my contacts back?

Did you back your contacts up with Google?

Did you make a nandroid (backup) before flashing? Don't know if it will work but give it a shot.

carini2k1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i did not back up with google, but im pretty sure i did a nandroid before i flashed
how do i boot into recovery and nandroid restore?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Power off phone. Then hold vol down + power button at the same time until your bootloader pops up. (white screen with androids on skateboards) select recovery and there you go. Just go to restore backup

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Most custom ROMs now have a reboot option to reboot straight into recovery. Hold the power button down (while the phone is on and in the OS) then select reboot. It may (depending on what ROM you have installed) give you an option to reboot into recovery from there.

Otherwise, power the phone off. Then power it on by pressing and holding the power button and the vol down button at the same time. Do not let go until you see the white screen with the green Android guys on skateboards. From there you can select recovery.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Is a good idea to sync contacts with Google before you wipe. Like it says, when you "wipe" when you flash a Rom that's exactly what it'd doing.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Also when you add contacts, I would add them to gmail, instead if to the phone. Contacts you add to the phone don't get backed up.

dased1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Goto contacts hit menu and import from sdcard they should be saved in vcards, just use the latest ones,can do multiples cards and delete duplicates if need be to restore all contacts. Then you can import themall to your gmail and next time just have to sync contacts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane