Messaging App troubles

Palmac06

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've started to notice my Evo's messaging app is starting to lag a bit. Have to wait a few seconds for it to load an incoming sms msg or just in general that app will lag and be slow. It is abit annoying on how long it takes to load a simple sms. Is this some type of issue Android OS has or is it my phone?

Thanks

jayn2g

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've started to notice my Evo's messaging app is starting to lag a bit. Have to wait a few seconds for it to load an incoming sms msg or just in general that app will lag and be slow. It is abit annoying on how long it takes to load a simple sms. Is this some type of issue Android OS has or is it my phone?

Thanks

i've noticed if you have a lot of sms texts it will result in the lag. try deleting some and see what happens if thats the case

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is one area that I can't recall having any problems with. I delete messages after every read.(unless it's extremely important)

You could also try clearing "data & cache" on the messaging app. Menu •> settings •> applications •> manage applications •> all •> messages.

Good luck.

TheEngineer

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This is one area that I can't recall having any problems with. I delete messages after every read.(unless it's extremely important)

You could also try clearing "data & cache" on the messaging app. Menu ?> settings ?> applications ?> manage applications ?> all ?> messages.

Good luck.

Won't clear the texts. It clears the app that reads the SMS database. Best is to hard reset the phone and do like you and keep the database small.

Rivest

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed a lag. Even if I have a couple messages it will still lag. I downloaded Go SMS and this app works wonders for me.