Music Album Cover Art Issues-HELP!!

Rivest

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what the hell I did, but every song I have on my SD card show the exact same album cover in my media player. I have went into my SD card and deleted my songs and put them back, still the same.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There is likely a thumbnail folder that you can delete to reset things.

I would try going into: "Settings > Applications > Manage applications" then go over to the "All" tab and find the HTC music app (there may be a stock Android one, but I'm rooted and don't see it) and clear the data and cache.

That should force it to refresh the album covers.

Rivest

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. However, I've looked for a folder and there wasn't one. I even went ahead and deleted all folders I didn't know what they were. I also cleared the date for the music app (am using the default internal app) and still face the same issue.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
That's unfortunate.

Have you tried the last ditch method of rebooting the device?

The only other thought I have is that the album image often get added to the ID3 tag of the mp3. Have you verified that the mp3s don't have the same image in their ID3 tag?

Rivest

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I have performed a hard reset several times. It happened when I added some Weezer songs. I'm thinking that might have something to do with it. However, I do not have those songs on my PC anymore, so If I delete them they are gone for good. :(

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, I would be sure to copy those songs back to a PC before deleting them on the EVO. No use wasting good Weezer:D

So are the problematic songs still on the EVO? If you were to copy the songs off the EVO on to a PC and then delete them. Add a different song, what does the album artwork look like?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Man, you're doing a good job of stumping me today.

There are some album art apps in the market that you could try. I'm out of suggestions for the time being. I'll post up if I think of anything.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This is probably not the ideal solution, but you can install ? and use it to download album art for each album. Most of the downloaded album should carry over to the stock music player, if you decide to continue using that.

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem similar. On mine it shows the same Eazy-E on almost everything. Just started doing it a few weeks back, kinda annoying but im just glad my music is fine.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the music on the phone? Originally I used the HTC sync software on only my mp3 had album art, my wma files did not. To get the covers to show up, I deleted all the songs off the phone and then transfered them using the drop and drag method and all the covers showed up.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

davidlougy

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I may have a solution... Make sure you have artist and album information when you import your songs. If you have one track that has 'unknown album', once you load artwork on that track, it will show up on *all* tracks that have 'unknown album' .Even if you delete the track and reimport it, it will still have the same artwork that has originally been attached to the 'unknown album' You may have to delete those tracks and reimport them with the the artist and album information. This way the phone will properly sort them out and attach the proper artwork that goes with each album. Hope this helps!!

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Gtunes for my music... Everytime I upload a new song I use an app called Album Art Grabber to fetch the cover art. Works great because it gives you two different search engines to find the art. It's always found the cover art, even obscure music is recognized.

Reactions: coachpelkey

lexiilovee

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Mines Does This Also ! What I Do Is download the cover art downloader and remove the cover art from the song that it was downloaded with and it goes away . If You Delete The Song It Will Stay There .:cool:

Helpfulsolution1

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
What you need to do is attach your phone to the your computer and if you have the right album artwork with that track,in your windows media player, then drag the correct the album artwork with the track on it into the sync list and press start sync, to it to your phone, then in your phone delete the tracks with the album artwork you don't need

MarkJoshuaLo

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
I think i have solution...dont create another folder and put your music in it, inside your defult music folder

Attachments

• 20170828_010651.jpg
    20170828_010651.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 5

Usernamenotvalid

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Why hasn't anyone added an app where you can fully deleted embedded art work? I want fx manager or another manager to be able to do this task without the need to link to a computer. Luckily poweramp app you can override it's album art by searching correct one but I don't think it's not something you can save for when you buy new phone or take out memory card.