Can't install Angry Birds Rio

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So a select few number of apps for me will not install if I have the SD card mounted. In order to deal with this annoyance I have to unmount the SD card for those. I have tried all of the "tricks" and none of them work.
Angry birds has always been one of these apps.

But now with the new angry birds rio, the problem is worse. Amazon won't download it if the sd is not mounted and won't install it if it is. End result, I can't get it.

Anyone else having this problem? Any other solutions to try?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted or stock?

I was just thinking that a nandroid backup and a wipe might be worth a try. I don't know if you've tried wiping the phone before to solve this.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted.
I just read another post about deleting the .android_secure folder. I tried that a while ago so I figured I would try it again. But it won't let me delete that folder.

awasilewski

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
cannot install angry birds rio

i am trying to install RIO on my EVO and it gives me a application not installed error. I've tried everything to get it installed.

awasilewski

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i called amazon and they said they submitted my issue to IT and someone should be getting back to me....go figure...everyone else here at work installed it without a problem!

padgettl

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Great, now my android marketplace app won't open on my Evo. White screen comes up and then it just goes back to the homepage! Angry Birds Rio, sure isn't worth all of these hassles! haha

drumgal98

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I found the answer!!!!!!

After moving all my apps back to the phone, I connected my EVO to my PC to open the SD card. I cut the android_secure folder and pasted it to my PC (in case I needed to put it back). Your phone will recreate this folder. Disconnected from the PC and re-downloaded Angry Birds Rio. It now successfully installed!!

This also resolved the issue I was having with numerous Market apps not installing unless I unmounted the SD card, which was a pain every time.

Apparently that android_secure folder can get corrupt and cause problems....

Hope this works for you!!!

Reactions: JustSmitty

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I will try and connect to delete the folder when I am home and have my wire. Hopefully it will fix it for me.
Does anyone know if I need to get this installed today to still get it free? Or is it mine now that I have "purchased" it and it is available for download for me.

janetuwg

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Solved angry birds rio amazon app problem

I had the same problem...could find the angry birds app to install once downloaded from amazon.

Go into a folder called Astro? I don't know if this comes with the phone or if my boyfriend downloaded it.

Under astro, click home, click the android folder, then click the data folder, then choose the folder called com.amazon.venezia folder, then click cache, then choose the file called vnz28735. You should get a pop up screen showing angry birds rio asking if you want to install.

Click yes. Angry birds Rio will show up after this! Wow....why doesn't amazon tell you all this!!!!!

Can't believe this gal figured it out with her boyfriends help!

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem...could find the angry birds app to install once downloaded from amazon.

Go into a folder called Astro? I don't know if this comes with the phone or if my boyfriend downloaded it.

Under astro, click home, click the android folder, then click the data folder, then choose the folder called com.amazon.venezia folder, then click cache, then choose the file called vnz28735. You should get a pop up screen showing angry birds rio asking if you want to install.

Click yes. Angry birds Rio will show up after this! Wow....why doesn't amazon tell you all this!!!!!

Can't believe this gal figured it out with her boyfriends help!

I found the file but it didn't work. Still won't install - I guess because it is on the SD card. I tried to copy it and move it off the card but ASTRO didn't seem to want to paste the file anywhere.

ThatDudeRich

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried both suggestions and they did not work. I'm on a rooted HD2....If someone has a solution please post. Thanks

I know this is in the EVO section but this is the only section I see with this issue being addressed.

Last edited:

boilerjohn94

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't delete the .android_secure folder. When I try to cut it to the PC, it says that it is write protected and it cannot delete the folder. I have a Droid X, rooted, and I don't know if that matters. If anyone knows how to un-write protect so I can delete it, I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, I know it's the wrong forum, but it's the only place I found any sort of solution. Thanks for any help.

brickhead

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Great advice on deleting the folder. Cleared up all my previous issues as described by the original poster. Now I can install all these apps without unmounting the SD card.