10-10-2011 09:56 AM
41 12
tools
    So a select few number of apps for me will not install if I have the SD card mounted. In order to deal with this annoyance I have to unmount the SD card for those. I have tried all of the "tricks" and none of them work.
    Angry birds has always been one of these apps.

But now with the new angry birds rio, the problem is worse. Amazon won't download it if the sd is not mounted and won't install it if it is. End result, I can't get it.

Anyone else having this problem? Any other solutions to try?
    03-22-2011 08:50 AM
    Are you rooted or stock?

I was just thinking that a nandroid backup and a wipe might be worth a try. I don't know if you've tried wiping the phone before to solve this.
    03-22-2011 08:51 AM
    I am not rooted.
    I just read another post about deleting the .android_secure folder. I tried that a while ago so I figured I would try it again. But it won't let me delete that folder.
    03-22-2011 09:04 AM
    You can try to delete it by connecting to to a PC (either by USB cable or a card reader).
    03-22-2011 09:12 AM
    i am trying to install RIO on my EVO and it gives me a application not installed error. I've tried everything to get it installed.
    03-22-2011 09:23 AM
    I am getting the same application not installed error with my Droid X.
    03-22-2011 09:28 AM
    I'm having the same issue on my EVO also, will download it, but it will not install. HELP!!!
    03-22-2011 09:29 AM
    i called amazon and they said they submitted my issue to IT and someone should be getting back to me....go figure...everyone else here at work installed it without a problem!
    03-22-2011 09:30 AM
    Great, now my android marketplace app won't open on my Evo. White screen comes up and then it just goes back to the homepage! Angry Birds Rio, sure isn't worth all of these hassles! haha
    03-22-2011 09:46 AM
    I am having the same problem, I was able to download but cannot install, I have tried several apps none work
    03-22-2011 10:01 AM
    I found the answer!!!!!!

After moving all my apps back to the phone, I connected my EVO to my PC to open the SD card. I cut the android_secure folder and pasted it to my PC (in case I needed to put it back). Your phone will recreate this folder. Disconnected from the PC and re-downloaded Angry Birds Rio. It now successfully installed!!

This also resolved the issue I was having with numerous Market apps not installing unless I unmounted the SD card, which was a pain every time.

Apparently that android_secure folder can get corrupt and cause problems....

Hope this works for you!!!
    JustSmitty likes this.
    03-22-2011 10:34 AM
    wooo-hoo!!!!! That worked! Thanks for the help!
    03-22-2011 10:45 AM
    I will try and connect to delete the folder when I am home and have my wire. Hopefully it will fix it for me.
    Does anyone know if I need to get this installed today to still get it free? Or is it mine now that I have "purchased" it and it is available for download for me.
    03-22-2011 10:54 AM
    This worked for me also. Thanks for the tip!!!
    03-22-2011 11:44 AM
    I had the same problem...could find the angry birds app to install once downloaded from amazon.

Go into a folder called Astro? I don't know if this comes with the phone or if my boyfriend downloaded it.

Under astro, click home, click the android folder, then click the data folder, then choose the folder called com.amazon.venezia folder, then click cache, then choose the file called vnz28735. You should get a pop up screen showing angry birds rio asking if you want to install.

Click yes. Angry birds Rio will show up after this! Wow....why doesn't amazon tell you all this!!!!!

Can't believe this gal figured it out with her boyfriends help!
    03-22-2011 12:12 PM
    YES. It worked for me too. Thank you so much.
    03-22-2011 12:22 PM
    I had the same problem...could find the angry birds app to install once downloaded from amazon.

Go into a folder called Astro? I don't know if this comes with the phone or if my boyfriend downloaded it.

Under astro, click home, click the android folder, then click the data folder, then choose the folder called com.amazon.venezia folder, then click cache, then choose the file called vnz28735. You should get a pop up screen showing angry birds rio asking if you want to install.

Click yes. Angry birds Rio will show up after this! Wow....why doesn't amazon tell you all this!!!!!

Can't believe this gal figured it out with her boyfriends help!
    I found the file but it didn't work. Still won't install - I guess because it is on the SD card. I tried to copy it and move it off the card but ASTRO didn't seem to want to paste the file anywhere.
    03-22-2011 12:29 PM
    I tried both suggestions and they did not work. I'm on a rooted HD2....If someone has a solution please post. Thanks

I know this is in the EVO section but this is the only section I see with this issue being addressed.
    03-22-2011 12:35 PM
    I can't delete the .android_secure folder. When I try to cut it to the PC, it says that it is write protected and it cannot delete the folder. I have a Droid X, rooted, and I don't know if that matters. If anyone knows how to un-write protect so I can delete it, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Also, I know it's the wrong forum, but it's the only place I found any sort of solution. Thanks for any help.
    03-22-2011 02:18 PM
    Great advice on deleting the folder. Cleared up all my previous issues as described by the original poster. Now I can install all these apps without unmounting the SD card.
    03-22-2011 02:19 PM
    Here's what worked for me (different from anything posted here so far but requires root).

After the apk downloaded and failed to install, I navigated to /sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.vevezia/cache (it took some searching to find this directory). The apk will be there under an odd name but will show the Angry Birds Rio icon. Copy that to the root of your phone (not anywhere on the SD card). This requires a file manager like Root Explorer, and of course root access on your phone.

Next you need to unmount your SD card and then go back to Root Explorer or whatever file manager you use and install the apk from the root of your phone.

This is basically the same solution most of us EVO owners have been using for a long time, with the added headache of having to first download the apk to the SD card and then move it to the phone's internal storage before unmounting.

It's frustrating to have to go through all these extra steps anytime I install a Rovio app or update, but they're worth it!
    03-22-2011 02:53 PM
    No problems for my stock evo
    03-22-2011 03:07 PM
    Can anyone point me in the right directions?
    03-22-2011 03:19 PM
    I found the answer!!!!!!

After moving all my apps back to the phone, I connected my EVO to my PC to open the SD card. I cut the android_secure folder and pasted it to my PC (in case I needed to put it back). Your phone will recreate this folder. Disconnected from the PC and re-downloaded Angry Birds Rio. It now successfully installed!!

This also resolved the issue I was having with numerous Market apps not installing unless I unmounted the SD card, which was a pain every time.

Apparently that android_secure folder can get corrupt and cause problems....

Hope this works for you!!!
    I have been having a lot of problems with my sd as of late. I was going to delete that android secure folder, but first i used andexplorer and when to that and sec folder and soon as i accessed it (but did not delete) my sd card worked fine. Other problems i am trying to work out is Sometimes on reboot, any apps on the sd card dissapear from the apps drawer like they are not even there, and home screen widgets associated with them. When i accessed that android secure folder they magically re appeared ! Also it takes 3-4 tries at plugging in usb cable to pc for pc to recognize it. I also can not get it to connect with htc sync
    03-22-2011 11:32 PM
    Has anyone else notied that Angry birds Rio wont come out of memory? Even after I stop playing the game I still see it in my battery use at like 2% even after a reboot. Im sure there will be a fix. I have notice this in a few games.
    03-23-2011 12:15 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD