Help! angry birds rio on amazon market for HTC EVO

mulkeym

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi! Can anyone help me? I have the HTC EVO 4G and wanted to get the angry birds rio. I went ahead and downloaded the amazon market store today. Unfornately, when I try and download and install angry birds rio, it fails. I get the generic error "Application not installed."

I have had similiar errors in the past trying to install various apps including angry birds. Hooking up my phone to pc to disk and unmounting the sd card has helped all my cases. However, I have tried both tricks on this and both didn't work. For both tricks, I get the error that this game requires a sd card for this.

Has anyone seen this error? I know the Amazon market just came out today.. I believe so anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you so much!
Meg

mulkeym

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ok I fixed this. Just found another article I must have missed. It suggested to delete the .android_secure folder. Does anyone know what this does? and why it would let amazon install the rio app without the directory?
This is very strange. Perhaps my intermittent problems with installing apps is an android problem after all.. I thought it might be with the sd card. Does anyone have any input?

tx_dbs_tx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
mismatched or corrupt secure file in the android_secure folder. switching from onerom to another can cause this. just wipe the folder in recovery along with the rest of the usual wipes before flashing a rom.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hallelujah! Success at last! The solution for the update problem and at least some of the installation problems (like angry birds rio) is as follows:

First, hook your phone to a computer with a usb cable - need to have your phone in "disk drive" mode. Most likely your phone will at first say "charging only." you will have to click on this to pull up a screen that allows you to change it to "mount as disk drive." Note: this may take several attempts. If your computer does not recognize the phone as being hooked-up at first, unplug it and try again.

Now, open the new drive that will appear on your computer (which, of course, is actually your phone's sd card).

Next, locate the file folders named ".android_secure" (it should be near the top of the listings).

Click on and open up this ". android_secure " folder and look for a file named "smdl2tmp1.asec"

Delete it! Destroy it! Kick it out of your life! It's what is causing the problems!

Unplug your phone. Phone will say something like "preparing sd card." It could take a bit but after that you can update all the apps including those on your sd card and angry birds and download Rio hassle free.

This, IMO, is much better than the suggestions that involve deleting the android_secure file altogether since you DO NOT have to move your apps off of the sd card and then back on again for it to work!

Credit goes to "the Engineer" who, near as i can tell, was the first to post a version of this fix. As there a a whole bunch of threads on this issue, please pass the fix on.

229Mick

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I had to do, track down the install file cached in the amazon folder on the SD card, (I used the 'Astro file manager' app), move the file to /media/myfiles location in RAM, unmount the SD card, then install from there. Huge pain, but it installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith